Episode 474

RSS

From the awful to the surprisingly good, Mike discusses Batman #713, Green Lantern Corps #63, Justice League of America #60, Legion of Super-Heroes #16, Power Girl #27, Superboy #11, Supergirl #67, Superman / Batman #87, Titans #38, and Zatanna #16 in this, the third part of his look at the final comic books published in DC's post-Crisis universe. [ 1:23:54 || 40.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_474.mp3

It looks like Scott Kolins is DC's go to fill in guy. I liked Scott Kolins art, before he started doing the "Watercolour" style, which I mostly can't stand.

Justice League was pretty crappy, and yeah, it was just a book of "I'm sick of this...."

Your rant on Jesse Quick was short and very sweet.

I do wish you'd start the reviews of each book with who the writer and artists are.

Just an FYI on the Green Lantern stuff. Whilst I wasn't a big fan of the issue, the alien vs human lanterns deal is something that's been brewing since this book was relaunched and Hal came back. Many of the Lanterns in that frame are known as the Lost Lanterns, who Hal supposedly killed whilst he was Parralax and spent the intervening time imprisoned by the Manhunters and the Cyborg Superman. They have a clear problem with Hal, and very often the first to come to Hal's defence are his fellow humans. No other species has four representatives, and on top of that it's the humans who are always running off on their own and are at the heart of every crisis. It's easy to see why the Lanterns might resent them because the rest of them for the most part follow the rules and directions of the Guardians, but it's the humans who wind up running special squads or working as part of the honour guard. This has been a consistent factor in the modern GL books.

On a lighter note, yes the Power Girl book is good beyond issue 12. It's a lot of fun throughout, and they never let it get bogged down in misery like a lot of other DC books.

On a lighter note, yes the Power Girl book is good beyond issue 12. It's a lot of fun throughout, and they never let it get bogged down in misery like a lot of other DC books.

It's not to do with this episode, but I do wish Amazon.co.uk had copies of the trades still in stock, instead of having third party sellers trying to charge silly money.