G.I. Joe 3

Another G.I. Joe feature film is on the way and Deadline reports that it's looking likely G.I. Joe: Retaliation's Jon M. Chu will be back in the director's chair.

Grossing $365 million worldwide, G.I. Joe: Retaliation featured a diverse ensemble that includes D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. There's no word as of yet as to who among that group might be returning for another adventure.

Chu, whose previous feature film credits include Step Up 2 the Streets, Step Up 3D and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, is also slated to helm Sony Pictures' proposed Masters of the Universe film.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105379

I'm surprised they are continuing this franchise. There doesn't seem to be much of a fanbase. More than likely they will shrink the budget.

Considering it made 365 million, not including toy sales, plus the fact that the budget had to have taken a dive since the first one (fewer effects, a relatively no-name director, only a couple actors that really warrant a high paycheck, etc) means that this is likely a very very profitable franchise now.