DCAU asks for Help!

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'll be writing a review of Transformers: Animated tonight, for the previous seasons and the season 3 premiere tomorrow morning 8-9:30AM on Cartoon Network. I need title help... I can't think of a eye grabbing in your face title at the moment. I'm not a fan of this series' style of animation and there have been tons of plot holes as well as not tying up loose ends inbetween seasons. So i anyone can help with a great title it would be much appreciated. :D the current title I'm working with is: TRANSFORMERS: ANIMATED

THE RANTING OF A G1 FAN:

THE RANTING OF A G1 FAN:

Mike... It seems you can not stop comparing new shows to old ones. Everything is diffrent and should be looked at in its "terms". The new transformers are for little kiddies, Like my little bro, Who want to see some transforming robots kick ass and cant and wont see plot holes. While G1 wasnt that, It was for a audience slightly older who can see plot holes.

Guest DCAUFan1051
THE RANTING OF A G1 FAN:

Mike... It seems you can not stop comparing new shows to old ones. Everything is diffrent and should be looked at in its "terms". The new transformers are for little kiddies, Like my little bro, Who want to see some transforming robots kick ass and cant and wont see plot holes. While G1 wasnt that, It was for a audience slightly older who can see plot holes.

I'm a person who compares things because I dunno I just do, that's just the way I am. And I'm not going to apologize for any of my opinions. Every Transformers cartoon I've seen has harkened back to G1 at some point in it's series. Animated is filled with G1 references which I throughly enjoyed. The article is done and online: Transformers Animated: Rantings Of A G1 Fan

80's Nostalga RULES!

my problems with Animated are these:

#1 The Human Villains are just downright godawful

#2 I did not like the animation style, but after watching 2 seasons and it getting better it's growing on me.

80's Nostalga RULES!

Name one cartoon from the 80's that has aged well. Please.

For someone so insanely obsessed with the DCAU, you seem to lack any gauge of what makes a quality cartoon. You know why Optimus Prime was cool? It's not because he was written well, or animated well. It's because we were five. (I wasn't. I mean, I was born 1987.)

The only reason anyone gives two shits about that show is because it's a childhood memory. Most of us know it sucked, but are willing to overlook that, because it reminds us of simpler times. You, however, just can't let go.

And I'm not going to apologize for any of my opinions. .

Mike, Come on now... Im not asking you to do that. Its just... When you are discussing things, Try to look at the topic it self, not similar ones.

It's because we were five. (I wasn't. I mean, I was born 1987.)

That explains so much about my brother... and me.

Guest DCAUFan1051
80's Nostalga RULES!

Name one cartoon from the 80's that has aged well. Please.

For someone so insanely obsessed with the DCAU, you seem to lack any gauge of what makes a quality cartoon. You know why Optimus Prime was cool? It's not because he was written well, or animated well. It's because we were five. (I wasn't. I mean, I was born 1987.)

The only reason anyone gives two shits about that show is because it's a childhood memory. Most of us know it sucked, but are willing to overlook that, because it reminds us of simpler times. You, however, just can't let go.

let's see Voltron has aged well,

TMNT

Thundercats

He-Man

Transformers.... should I go on? :D

If you honestly think any of those shows have aged well, you're cracked.

TMNT and Thundercats are poorly animated and have some of the worst voice acting I can remember.

He-Man comes across as a Gay Icon.

I already touched on Transformers.

I grew up on Power Rangers, and somehow, that has managed to age better than this bile.

Guest DCAUFan1051
And I'm not going to apologize for any of my opinions. .

Mike, Come on now... Im not asking you to do that. Its just... When you are discussing things, Try to look at the topic it self, not similar ones.

It's because we were five. (I wasn't. I mean, I was born 1987.)

That explains so much about my brother... and me.

I know you're not doug.... but the fact remains that nearly every TF series has as I said before harkened back to G1 hell the premiere episode of Animated even had Optimus Prime watching a history video that showed us the G1 cartoon.

Guest DCAUFan1051

that's my opinion that they have and if I'm cracked then so what? everyone is at some point.

that's my opinion that they have and if I'm cracked then so what? everyone is at some point.

But you straight out refuse to believe anything could possibly touch your childhood memories. I'm sick of playing nice with you. I'm gonna call you out on every stupid thing you say, and make you explain it, I'm tired of hearing how great the DCAU is compared to Batman: The Brave and the Bold. And how David Boreanez just *has* to be Hal Jordan. Open. Your. Mind.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Me personally.... I'd rather watch all the old cartoons then ones of today, granted there are some good cartoons nowadays, but nothing (in my opinion) in the last nine years has blown my mind (exception would be the DCAU), other rthen that there isn't 1 kiddie type cartoon on CN that I can say I enjoy watching. Yeah I know I should shut up and just accept it, but I doubt that will happen :D

I'm just happy I was able to write a full article of a subject I know about and somewhat enjoy and have it published online.

Me personally.... I'd rather watch all the old cartoons then ones of today, granted there are some good cartoons nowadays, but nothing (in my opinion) in the last nine years has blown my mind

...Because you refuse to look at any positives a show might have. You sit there and bitch because it's not the DCAU and Batman isn't Kevin Conroy. You're just infuriatingly close-minded.

Hell, I think Transformers Animated kicks the hell out of G1. 80's Nostalgia sucks anyway.

Not if you lived through it.

I readily admit that those shows would hold something more dear to me, if I had grown up on them. But I didn't. But, I think most of you (who grew up on them, I mean) can readily admit that they had flaws, and weren't any better than what kids have today, from an objective perspective.

EDIT: I *loved* the Power Rangers as a kid. But my Power Rangers sucked just as hard as the current ones. Maybe more, because we didn't have things like a budget or CGI.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Me personally.... I'd rather watch all the old cartoons then ones of today, granted there are some good cartoons nowadays, but nothing (in my opinion) in the last nine years has blown my mind

...Because you refuse to look at any positives a show might have. You sit there and bitch because it's not the DCAU and Batman isn't Kevin Conroy. You're just infuriatingly close-minded.

well I might be close minded, but that's my choice I'm very set in my ways and I know what I do and don't like. I'm sorry if you don't like my opinions Preston, the whole reason I even started this damn thread was because I was hoping everyone on here would at least help me with what I was trying to accomplish. That didn't happen.... I succeeded in what I was attempting and I'm happy with it. And the title of the article didn't mean that I was gonna tear TFA apart it just meant that I am a Generation 1 Fan and I was ranting on the subject of the newest Transformers incarnation. Am I negative in some parts of the article sure, but it's not all negative.

Me personally.... I'd rather watch all the old cartoons then ones of today

Then stop commenting of the show's of today! You know what I do a few times a week? I sit down and watch about an hour of TV with my little bro. His choice of what we watch. We watch anything to the batman to ben 10. In my eyes these shows cant compete with the kick ass fury of rescue heros or batman beyond, hell static shock! But I dont think about it, I sit down and watch the show with a open mind. And I see why my little brother (Now age 7) likes these shows, And why I would have liked them. So as preston said, Keep 'an open mind!

I agree that nothing will compare with what your childhood memories says were cool, which is why I don't shit on movies coming out just because they "raped my childhood". I'm glad they made Transformers, and are making GI Joe because another generation gets to grow up on what I did, even if a little different.

I don't own any dvd sets of any cartoons I watched as a kid because I want to remember them the way they are in my head. Maybe not accurate, but fun.

My only problem with anything said so far is that Power Rangers aged well. Come on, that show was, and is horrible. Remember wen the yellow ranger turned into a guy when she morphed because they just used the Japanese footage? Giant foam costume monsters that would look retarded in a Godzilla movie? I run an after school program and none of the kids watch that show. I don't know why it's still on.

I have seen some of the shows on today, and like a few of them. Ben 10 is something I would have loved as a kid.

well I might be close minded, but that's my choice I'm very set in my ways and I know what I do and don't like. I'm sorry if you don't like my opinions Preston, the whole reason I even started this damn thread was because I was hoping everyone on here would at least help me with what I was trying to accomplish. That didn't happen.... I succeeded in what I was attempting and I'm happy with it. And the title of the article didn't mean that I was gonna tear TFA apart it just meant that I am a Generation 1 Fan and I was ranting on the subject of the newest Transformers incarnation. Am I negative in some parts of the article sure, but it's not all negative.

objectivity:

1. The state of being objective, just, unbiased and not influenced by emotions or personal prejudices

Next time. Try this.

I agree that nothing will compare with what your childhood memories says were cool, which is why I don't shit on movies coming out just because they "raped my childhood". I'm glad they made Transformers, and are making GI Joe because another generation gets to grow up on what I did, even if a little different.

I don't own any dvd sets of any cartoons I watched as a kid because I want to remember them the way they are in my head. Maybe not accurate, but fun.

My only problem with anything said so far is that Power Rangers aged well. Come on, that show was, and is horrible. Remember wen the yellow ranger turned into a guy when she morphed because they just used the Japanese footage? Giant foam costume monsters that would look retarded in a Godzilla movie? I run an after school program and none of the kids watch that show. I don't know why it's still on.

Oh, I never said it aged well. I *know* it sucked and will readily admit that. It was cool when I was 7, not now, that I'm 22.