Episode 58: Jean-Claude Van Damme

RSS

This month Pandy and Ian go toe-to-toe with The Muscles from Brussels himself: Jean-Claude Van Damme! In Pandy's front room, The Brothers Wilson chart the rise and fall of everyone's favorite kick-ass Belgian, focusing on recent low-key comedy Welcome to the Jungle, self-indulgent twaddle Double Impact, and amazingly bad / terribly brilliant video game adaptation Street Fighter. Questions also raised in today's episode include: In which of these films was JCVD coked out of his mind throughout filming? To whom will the brothers send either flowers or a pencil? And, what do the next two years of Hey, an Actor! have in store for Ian and Pandy? All this, plus Pandy has to blow his nose throughout the episode. Happy October! [ 2:19:44 || 67.5 MB ]

True fact: Mike once edited an edition of Comic Reel-lief to make it less funny! I'd purposefully swapped Ryan Reynolds' comic movie roles around and he edited them together to be correct. Needless to say, I had the chicken and he had the fish, and I was made to look quite the fool!

....yes, that last line is a Brothers Wilson in-joke.

I'm a bit bummed you guys didn't talk more about Double Impact.  I think it's hilarious... And as far as other actors in it, the great Bolo Yeung, or "Chinese Hercules" is legendary in martial arts films, going back to "Enter the Dragon" almost 20 years earlier.

After hearing about it, I'm going to have to watch JCVD, but I have to recommend to Bloodsport as his best film... Even VD himself has admitted to it in numerous appearances on talk shows while promoting a new film.... When asked what were the two favorite films that he'd been in, he'd always seem to say "Bloodsport and (whatever the most recent film was)". ;)