Hellsing Ultimate OVA/Hellsing manga

James D.

I just bought Hellsing ultimate 2 today.I then found out that there is a special edition. Does anyone know what the difference is?

Same as the first volume--the DVD case is steel and there is an extra disc with cast/crew discussion (the voice actors of the Valentine Brothers are the crew-in-question this time). Also included in this volume is also a 200-page (!!!) artbook with never-before-seen art from the show.

• 10 months later...

Hellsing Volume 9 manga is tentatively scheduled to be released on October 1st according to Amazon.com. I'm not reading too much into it right now since it's a ways off and delays will likely happen. But hot damn, I cannot wait for this. Just looking at images from the Japanese copies, it's nonstop action wire-to-wire.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Man, Hellsing Ultimate IV might be the bloodiest fucking anime episode ever. (Sweeeeeeeet.)

Oh, and Kari Wahlgren absolutely OWNS as 1st Lieutenant Rip Van Winkle. Her lines literally gave me chills when she said them. It's sad that

she won't be able to reprise the role since Alucard obliterates and practically rapes Rip Van Winkle.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Super Kamehameha bump:

Apparently it was announced at Anime Expo that Funimation has the licensing rights for Hellsing Ultimate Volumes 5, 6 & 7, and all will be released in 2011. I hope to Christ this is true. I've been jonesing for Volume 5 for only about 2 years now.

• 3 years later...

I got Hellsing XI and X from Amazon today. Really sad it's all over, but I'm going to watch the audio commentary versions as soon as I get a chance. By the way, the Major owned the entire ninth episode with this line:

"He is living on borrowed time, and we are the loan sharks waiting to collect our interest."