Episode 115

RSS

An apocalyptic pocket universe is created around Donna, in which The Doctor dies and Rose Tyler carries a message for him ("Turn Left"). Then, ending the fourth modern season, Davros and The Daleks return to end everything ("The Stolen Earth" / "Journey's End"). From there, Dan and Mike take a look back at Catherine Tate's tenure on Doctor Who, and rank the final full season overseen by Russell T. Davies. [ 2:14:14 || 64.7 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_115.mp3

Great episode guys i'm half way though so far but thought i'd share this as you two obviously need more t-shirts

http://fashionablygeek.com/t-shirts/doctor-who-costume-shirts-now-available-for-pre-order/

WANT. All mine are pretty generic(The TARDIS doors, "Don't Blink" and "The Doctor is in")

I have to say, Stolen Earth/Journey's End might be my favorite of the RTD season finales. It's bloated as all hell and the thing with Rose just pisses me off to no end, but I love Davros and the Daleks in it, it's fantastic seeing all of the companions together and the ending is just really powerful.

What do you know about my army? :ninja_shifty:

I dispute that this is the worst ending for a character with Donna. Donna grew as a character but she always incorporated what she was originally, she didn't change from something horrible into something good, her horizens just got a little wider. Taking that away from her doesn't make her a bad person. Plus we later see that she gets married and is happy. It's actually a good end, she's the only companion who's otherwise ordinary life isn't permanently and often tragically altered. I mean, due to the Doctor Rory's dad will never see Rory and Rose again. Martha's family was wrecked. Rose was banished to another universe with a sham Doctor. Donna seems pretty happy by comparison.

At the time it was probably the saddest because it was so well done, but it's not the worst.

• 2 weeks later...

Turn left was one of the first episodes that I waited for (not seeing as a rerun) and I actually enjoyed it. Even though I did not know most of the episodes that they were covering I took it as a "Previously on" segment like you would find in a comic book. However like most comic books the description of what happened at times seemed more entertaining than the episodes themselves.