Episode 01 - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

RSS

Once upon a time, a visionary cartoon producer put everything on the line to complete a film that would change the world forever: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. In this inaugural episode, Christian and his sister Emma examine Disney's first cinematic princess, prince, sidekicks, villain, henchmen, and the film that they inhabit. Along the way, they discuss the film's genesis and legacy, the possibly non-consensual Love's First Kiss, and changes that Disney made from The Brothers Grimm fairy tale that were probably for the best. [ 1:33:12 || 46.3 MB ]

• Missy changed the title to Episode 01 - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Well done to getting this off the ground, Christian - a new Earth-2 podcast is always an exciting time!

Will listen in when I can - I have guests - but as you have an obvious rapport with your sister, I'm sure Episode 1 will stick the landing better than most!

Listened! Very good discussion of the film; the only constructive criticism I'd offer up may be slightly shorter clips used - in part because Disney might be litigious on that aspect (our circulation notwithstanding), and in part because there's no reason to pad out a runtime unless clips act as definitive bookmarks. I don't want this to sound harsh as there's only 2-3 clips used between the opening theme music and the closing song, but the Queen's death scene and the closing song has 10 seconds of speech before the latter starts up and the former ends.

Looking forward to Pinocchio!

Figuring this was recorded before that news about Peter Dinklage speaking out against the live action remake of Snow White bringing back the seven dwarves? He gets namechecked here, but I'd totally forgotten about it until then.

I've seen Snow White only once, in high school. I remember being very impressed with it then, and completely forgot about the Queen's death and the Huntsman. My favorite part of PART OF YOUR WORLD so far is the comparing the animated movie with the original text, seeing what works better and what was a downgrade. Fun first episode, Siblings!