Episode 1146 - Flickchart Forum - Sam Raimi

Ian Wilson returns with a brand new Flickchart Forum, assessing the directorial career of Sam Raimi. Assisted by Desmond Reddick and Dave Probert, the panel ricochet from Raimi's early dealings in low budget horror to more mainstream 90s fare, the first Spider-Man films to grace the silver screen, and his more sporadic output since then. What will top the master list, and which films prove to be the most contentious?
[ download ]

Loved this episode.

I have to agree with Des on A Simply Plan. When I saw it in the theater, I loved it. It made me want to read the book, which I devoured. A few years later I rewatched the movie and walked away disliking it quite a bit.

14 hours ago, Missy said:

Loved this episode.

I have to agree with Des on A Simply Plan. When I saw it in the theater, I loved it. It made me want to read the book, which I devoured. A few years later I rewatched the movie and walked away disliking it quite a bit.

Glad I'm not alone!

I too hate A Simply Plan.......A Simple Plan on the other hand impressed me greatly. As a caveat, it was a first time viewing, so I'll be interested in how I feel about it should I rewatch it in future.

Glad you enjoyed the episode, Mike!

• Missy changed the title to Episode 1146 - Flickchart Forum - Sam Raimi
11 hours ago, Donomark said:

YOU PEOPLE

I've been curious about the Quick and the Dead, but haven't seen it yet. Honestly all of Raimi's post Spider-Man 2002 films I've seen, but before that so far it's only been the first Evil Dead and Darkman - which was awesome. But I've never even heard of Crimewave until this podcast.

Raimi doesn't like to talk about it.

Definitely watch TQATD, the Evil Dead trilogy and A Simple Plan - the latter to join this forum's tug of love!

If you can find Crimewave though, do give it a watch to better calibrate what you consider to be a "bad film".