Rate the creator: Tim Sale

Missy

Rate him.  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A short bio:

Perhaps best known for his Batman and "color" collaborations with Jeph Loeb (Batman: The Long Halloween, Batman: Dark Victory, Daredevil: Yellow, etc.), Sale has also served as the interior artist on Superman: For All Seasons, Deathblow, Catwoman: When in Rome, Matt Wagner's Grendel, Challengers of the Unknown, Wolverine / Gambit: Victims and several other titles.

Okay, personally, I flip-flop on him. His men (including Superman and the Hulk) look tough in a real world sort of way, and he makes Batman's rogues incredibly unique. However, his women range from very classy to stick figures to resembling 'roided-up men. His cover art often feels rushed, and lacks the emotional punch of his interior work.

I absolutely hated him when he first got big on Deathwatch, but grew to really appreciate him from "The Long Halloween" forward. I really like what he does with his characters' personalities (Superman looks like a babyfaced boy scout, Batman's cape is constantly playing visual tricks on his enemies) and enjoy how he breaks the mold of typical body types with his non-heroic characters. I also really respect him for working in such a visual field, since I think I remember reading in an old Wizard that he's colorblind.

I'll be generous and give him an 8. He's really progressed nicely over the last ten years.