Occult Crime Taskforce

JackFetch

Read it. Thought it was okay at best. For the first part of a mini, it felt awfully rushed. And while the art is fantastic, there were several points where the panel-to-panel storytelling was a bit awkward. Even worse, every so often it was as if the artist was more concerned with making Rosario's character (sorry, can't recall the name) look pretty rather than having her react to the scene.

That said, major props to Ms. Dawson. Whenever a Hollywood star comes out and supports comic books (and wears their geekiness on their sleeve), they deserve a pat on the back.

Read it. Thought it was okay at best. For the first part of a mini, it felt awfully rushed. And while the art is fantastic, there were several points where the panel-to-panel storytelling was a bit awkward. Even worse, every so often it was as if the artist was more concerned with making Rosario's character (sorry, can't recall the name) look pretty rather than having her react to the scene.

That said, major props to Ms. Dawson. Whenever a Hollywood star comes out and supports comic books (and wears their geekiness on their sleeve), they deserve a pat on the back.

I was pretty pissed when I heard about this project. It is pretty close to something I've had in development for like 4 years! It is still different enough to go through with it but it made me a little bitter getting close to an earlier experience I had when Fables came out. I had an idea virtually the same as Fables just a few months before Fables got published.

• 1 month later...

I did not get this comic book. The story barely kept my attention and I thought the art was pretty poor. It was pretty, as Yoda explained, but there was no flow to the art. Many static shots that felt very stiff. There was one particular panel where the main character was jumping over a fence and it just seemed like he took two separate images, the fence and the character, and laied one over the other with out any proper interaction between the two. The only interesting part of it was the detail in the OCT manual at the end of the book and personally, for a premier issue, it should have been utilized more in the actual story.

All in all thought it sucked.

Many static shots that felt very stiff. There was one particular panel where the main character was jumping over a fence and it just seemed like he took two separate images, the fence and the character, and laied one over the other with out any proper interaction between the two.

Exactly! When I said, "Even worse, every so often it was as if the artist was more concerned with making Rosario's character... look pretty rather than having her react to the scene," that's the scene I was referring to.