Moon Knight

JackFetch

From Variety

Marvel Studios has pacted with Vancouver-based production company No Equal Entertainment to develop a live-action TV series based on the cult-favorite comicbook superhero Moon Knight.

Skein will follow soldier of fortune Marc Spector as he becomes the titular vigilante after an encounter with the Egyptian god of vengeance and moon deity.

Marvel Studios, a division of Marvel Entertainment, Inc. and Vancouver based production company, No Equal Entertainment, have entered into an agreement to develop a live-action television series based on Marvel's cult favorite Moon Knight. The announcement was made today by David Maisel of Marvel Entertainment and Larry Sugar of No Equal Entertainment.

First introduced by Marvel Comics in the mid-1970s, Moon Knight remains a true fan favorite as evidenced by the current best-selling comic book series featuring the Super Hero. Moon Knight presents the story of soldier of fortune Marc Spector. After an encounter with the Egyptian god of vengeance and the moon deity Konshu, he became a hero: Moon Knight. The encounter leaves the tormented Spector with even more inner demons to combat. Now as Moon Knight, he hunts criminals in the night, bringing them to justice, and striking fear in the hearts of criminals everywhere. Moon Knight's blend of action, the supernatural, and complex, intriguing characters will serve as the foundation for the live-action series.

"'Moon Knight' has all the elements for an engaging television series. No Equal Entertainment has a real passion for the project and an amazing vision of how to bring the character and storyline to life that will appeal to action and sci-fi enthusiasts," said Mr. Maisel.

The production will be spearheaded by No Equal Entertainment's Sugar. Sugar brings to the project over 35 years experience as a Hollywood executive and producer. His track record includes a wide array of global television series, including: "The Collector," "Romeo," "First Wave," "Dead Man's Gun," and "So Weird."

Mr. Sugar added, "We are delighted to be in business with Marvel Entertainment and believe that 'Moon Knight' will make a compelling and long-lasting television series."

I don't know, they sound like they already commited to it. It sounds like it will be syndicated also, so that's a better chance of it being on somewhere. By the way, that was announced today.

How can I put this? Moon Knight is a JOKE CHARACTER! He's the bastard offspring of Batman, and whilst I have no objections to his ongoing series or the character, he's Batman with a religious bent. Hes Azbats, the Jean Paul Valley Batman. Honestly, how can they possbily make a character dressed all in white throwing moon shaped objects at people work in a series. Everyone and their mother is going to call him Batmans "special" cousin! At least Batman does it all in black. This is like trying to make a Hyperion TV series, its too blatant a rip on an Iconic character.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know, they sound like they already commited to it. It sounds like it will be syndicated also, so that's a better chance of it being on somewhere. By the way, that was announced today.

Syndicated? Does that mean it'll be on obscure times and will pretty much never be cancelled like Mutant X? By the way I'd check it out.

How can I put this? Moon Knight is a JOKE CHARACTER! He's the bastard offspring of Batman, and whilst I have no objections to his ongoing series or the character, he's Batman with a religious bent. Hes Azbats, the Jean Paul Valley Batman. Honestly, how can they possbily make a character dressed all in white throwing moon shaped objects at people work in a series. Everyone and their mother is going to call him Batmans "special" cousin! At least Batman does it all in black. This is like trying to make a Hyperion TV series, its too blatant a rip on an Iconic character.

I'm not a huge fan of Moon Knight, but I don't see a comparison to Batman at all. Batman is purely human and is more of a detective. Moon knight has powers (I believe it's strength that fluctuates with the different phases of the moon) and mainly deals with supernatural enemies. The costumes don't really look that much alike in my opinion, plus it takes skill to pimp white. Anyone can look good in black. Hyperion isn't a fair comparison because he has all the powers of Superman so it does look like a ripoff.