Reaper

Holacik

Anyone else catch this show? I thought it was great, Really funny. A quick summary on a slacker's 21st birthday he finds out that his parents sold his soul to the Devil(the standard first born deal). All the Devil wants him to do is catch the souls of people who broke out of jail(they have some overcrowding issues). It's mostly a comedy and its really worth a look.

• 7 months later...
The CW has picked up cult-favorite supernatural drama "Reaper" for a second season.

"Reaper" will return for 13 episodes midseason and will likely be paired with "Supernatural" on Thursday nights after "Smallville" concludes its run.

The network made the decision Monday, going down to the wire on picking up the series before the CW's upfront presentation to advertisers the next day.

"Reaper" has a devoted fanbase, but has struggled in the ratings. Most recently the show averaged about a 1.0 rating among adults 18 to 49. The show initially impressed critics with its strong pilot directed by Kevin Smith ("Clerks"), then seemed to creatively stumble. Recent episodes, however, have fans saying the show is back on track with a more serialized storyline and sharper wit.

"Reaper," along with "Aliens in America" and "Gossip Girl," are part of CW's sophomore scripted slate. The buzz-heavy "Gossip Girl" received a quick pickup. The ratings for "Aliens" fell below the line and few expected a renewal. But the fate of "Reaper" has been a mystery, with rumors about the CW's intentions swinging back and forth.

The network's executives are uniformly fond of the show, yet the Nielsens made a pickup a tough call. Anxious fans even launched a campaign to save the series by sending socks to the network (playing off one character's name).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...0018d2140b0b2a7

These "save our show" campaigns are getting annoying. I'm guessing Slice of Sci Fi launched this one also since they did the drumsticks for Dresden and nuts for Jericho campaigns. If you really want to save the show, try to get other people to watch it.

• 1 month later...

ACTRESS MISSY PEREGRYM TO APPEAR AT WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO

The Reaper And Heroes Actress Will Be On Hand To Meet And Greet Her Fans

Congers, NY (May 21, 2008) – She’s been an illusion-casting temptress, an evil super genius and the girlfriend of Satan’s bounty hunter. With such a wide range of equally sexy and feisty characters to her name, it’s no wonder that Missy Peregrym has become one of the hottest young actresses in television today. Plus, after being ranked as one of Maxim magazine’s Hot 100, she has the stats to back it up.

Peregrym can currently be seen on the cult favorite and critically acclaimed CW series “Reaper.” The show centers on the adventures and struggles of Sam Oliver after discovering on his 21st birthday that he is now a bounty hunter for the devil. In her role as Andi Prendergast, Sam’s friend and love interest, Peregrym has created a character as independent and confident as vulnerable and relatable.

The down-to-earth role of Andi is quite a different turn for Peregrym who first grabbed the attention of the viewing audience with her role on the TV phenomenon, “Heroes.” As Candice Wilmer, an agent of the evil Company with the ability to alter people’s perception of reality, Peregrym became a breakout character and was featured prominently throughout the first season of the series. Her character even got a graphic novel produced detailing her origin. On “Smallville” and some accompanying webisodes, Peregrym portrayed the dangerous Molly Griggs who controlled people through subliminal messages in e-mails.

With the teen comedy “Stick It,” Peregrym received her big break by landing the lead role as a rebellious gymnast. Critics praised her performance and the role started her on the career down its successful path.

Wizard World, the largest family-friendly comics and pop culture convention in the central US, returns to Chicago June 26-29 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. For a complete list of events, registration forms, guests, panels, ticket prices, and times, please visit www.wizardworld.com.

Reaper in my opinion was good, but nothing changed.

The show was the exact same, week in and week out. this got tedious after a while and stopped being fun, oh and the cliffhanger was OK, but it wasn't an oh my god i cant wait for the next series cliffhanger, it was a well that was fun, guess i best fine something else to fill my wednesday nights now.

• 3 months later...