Episode 06

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick picks the brain of prolific horror comic artist / writer Phil Hester. Phil talks about his classic work on Freaks Amour, The Coffin and Swamp Thing before spilling the beans on news about The Atheist (the comic and the film) and the upcoming Darkness book for Top Cow. Plus: horror news and tunes! Songs include: "Darkness Descends" by Midnight Syndicate (www.midnightsyndicate.com) and "Are You Ready (For Some Darkness)?" by Turbonegro (www.turbonegro.com). [ 1:04:51 || 29.6 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_006.mp3

Having finished the show, I have to say that this interview was quite excellent! My only suggestion would be to not "Uh-huh" and "Yeah" over your guests. It didn't seem to throw Phil off, but others it might.

Also, again there were volume issues. You and the music were great. Phil, however, was very low. Next time you might want to boost your guest(s) up a little.

Having finished the show, I have to say that this interview was quite excellent! My only suggestion would be to not "Uh-huh" and "Yeah" over your guests. It didn't seem to throw Phil off, but others it might.

Also, again there were volume issues. You and the music were great. Phil, however, was very low. Next time you might want to boost your guest(s) up a little.

Thanks. Will try and stop doing that.

The audio for the interview was already boosted. It's the problem with calling out to landlines with Skype. My controls were fucking with me during the interview so I decided to say screw it and fix in post.

I agree - very good interview!! Slightly punctuated by the sounds of a crying infant, though!

Heh! I do my best podcasting amidst the weeping of children...Muah-hahahahahahahahaha!

I'm the father of two kids under two so there will be the occasionally crying in the background...