Episode 13

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick shaves with a straight razor and rings one off the spittoon for a western-themed episode featuring interviews with horror legend Joe R. Lansdale (Dead in the West, Lost Echoes) and future legend James Newman (Midnight Rain, The Wicked). Plus, reviews of Lucio Fulci's Four of the Apocalypse and the Wilmer Valderrama vehicle The Dead One. Tunes include: "Country Heroes" by Hank Williams III; "Death of Jonah Hex," "Midnight Train" and "Dia de los Muertos" by Ghoultown; and "Buenas Tardes Amigo" by Ween. Saddle up! [ 1:47:19 || 49.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_013.mp3

The thing I really like about Dread Media is that it is more an education than it is a podcast. I know nothing of horror as a genre, other than thinking of the Freddys and Pinheads et al. And whilst sometimes I yearn for the odd populist review of that kind of film/franchise on the podcast, I'm intrigued by the interviews I've heard so far. Joe R. Lansdale was a name that meant nothing to me before I heard Des go over his career as an introduction to the interview.

Incidentally, because of its source material, I half-thought The Dead One was something I'd have to "Comic Reel-lief" at some point (that's right, I used my segment as a verb - deal with it!). But a Hispanic version of The Crow REALLY doesn't appeal, and I may blame a lack of watching on it being direct to DVD!!!

Good show as always!

The thing I really like about Dread Media is that it is more an education than it is a podcast. I know nothing of horror as a genre, other than thinking of the Freddys and Pinheads et al. And whilst sometimes I yearn for the odd populist review of that kind of film/franchise on the podcast, I'm intrigued by the interviews I've heard so far. Joe R. Lansdale was a name that meant nothing to me before I heard Des go over his career as an introduction to the interview.

Incidentally, because of its source material, I half-thought The Dead One was something I'd have to "Comic Reel-lief" at some point (that's right, I used my segment as a verb - deal with it!). But a Hispanic version of The Crow REALLY doesn't appeal, and I may blame a lack of watching on it being direct to DVD!!!

Good show as always!

Thanks Ian! I appreciate that. I try and straddle the fence between those well-versed and those new to the genre. Nice to hear its working at least one way :laugh:

But really, Billy Drago as an old Hispanic woman...come on!