Terrible News

ragernok2002

Some terrible news for fans of Discworld creator Terry Pratchett has been diagnosed with Alzheimers.

From his website

Folks,

I would have liked to keep this one quiet for a little while, but because of upcoming conventions and of course the need to keep my publishers informed, it seems to me unfair to withhold the news. I have been diagnosed with a very rare form of early

onset Alzheimer's, which lay behind this year's phantom "stroke".

We are taking it fairly philosophically down here and possibly with a mild optimism. For now work is continuing on the completion of Nation and the basic notes are already being laid down for Unseen Academicals. All other things being equal, I

expect to meet most current and, as far as possible, future commitments but will discuss things with the various organisers. Frankly, I would prefer it if people kept things cheerful, because I think there's time for at least a few more books yet :o)

PS I would just like to draw attention to everyone reading the above that this should

be interpreted as 'I am not dead'. I will, of course, be dead at some future point, as

will everybody else. For me, this maybe further off than you think - it's too soon to tell.

I know it's a very human thing to say "Is there anything I can do", but in this case I

would only entertain offers from very high-end experts in brain chemistry.

http://www.pjsmprints.com/news/index.html

I've never been able to get into a Discworld book I tried Mort recently and I thought that might be the book for me but I was bored to tears after 25 pages or so.

Good Omens, with Gaiman, I consider a modern masterpiece.

Regardless, this is terribly sad news and I hope that his illness is as kind to him as possible.