Is this Correct Grammer?

Doug

Im writing a paper for a english class (we are writing papers on chimpanzee's) and I am using a compare and contrast, to how Chimpanzees have calls simular to humans, So the sentance is

Simular to humans each call is unique to that particular chimpanzee (I.E. A humans voice is unque to that paticular person)

Is that correct?

It's a little off; "i.e." (ilud est) means "that is (to say)" or "in other words". I think what you're trying to get across is more like "Similar to the way a human's voice is distinctively his own, each chimpanzee's call is unique."

• 1 month later...

"Simular to humans each call is unique to that particular chimpanzee (I.E. A humans voice is unque to that paticular person)"

It's grammatically correct odd and there are spelling errors. "Similar," "unique," and "particular." You're also missing an apostrophe after "human" to signify the pluralization.

I just never use "IE" or "EX" in papers, as it tends to look messy. I think it's generally a better idea to use the longer forms of the words, rather than their contractions. I think I would word it like:

As is the case with human voices, each chimpanzee has a unique call.

Also, it's spelled "grammar."