Is It Wednesday Yet?

RSS

Great job all around guys.

Some thoughts:

-Risso was alright in 100 Bullets but the writing nor the art was enough to get me to read past the third arc, in fact, I bought the third and fourth trades together and never bothered reading the fourth. Risso is an acquired taste that to me, is like having shit in your mouth. I absolutely abhorred his Batman run.

-Chaykin, I know is considered one of the best, is still one overrated mofo in my eyes.

-Dan's review of Logan #1 is on the docket for best of the year for me. Well done sir. Both hilarious and insightful.

-drq...shame on you. Alan Davis is the man!

Dan, I see where you're coming from with your review of Logan #1. Some people might find the book tired. But if looked at as an homage, I think it succeeded.

I get what you're saying. Yes, it hits the same notes as the Claremont/Miller miniseries, which I loved. The first time I read it. Twenty-five years ago. I've just read too many variations on that same story - frequently by Claremont himself - over the years to be at all interested in another.

As an homage, yes, it works. You make an extremely valid point. I wasn't interested in an homage, though; I wanted a story. And as a comic book story, it's derivative crap, and expensive derivative crap at that. Your mileage may vary; that's why fandom rocks so hard.

You're wrong, though. :angel:

DW, awesome Punisher review. My office mates are all looking at me funny. :blush:

When I read DW's review of War Journal, my first thought was, "... the fuck?" Then I attempted to read the issue, and found myself agreeing with what Sir Dubs wrote.

I just don't get why people see Howard Chaykin as a legend. When DW compared him to Liefeld, he hit the nail on the head.

I just don't get why people see Howard Chaykin as a legend. When DW compared him to Liefeld, he hit the nail on the head.

Chaykin did a lot of really good, cutting-edge stuff in the 80s (American Flagg, The Shadow), but I felt his strengths were much more as a writer than an artist. Nowadays he looks like he draws with his feet.

He wrote the Trickster episodes, though, so I will let it slide. :blush:

EDITED because "relaly" is not, in fact, a word.

I'm still trying to work the kinks out, as this is my first time writing about comics in any capacity, really, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of this.

Second Drq's thoughts. Great job by everyone.