The King and I: Moo Do You Trust?

RSS

Seeing as how I'm really excited about Secret Invasion, I couldn't wait to reread this issue of Fantastic Four. Skrulls, the FF on the run, "I hate the world~!" Ben Grimm and a final panel that's insane -- what could possibly go wrong?

Nearly everything!

I got maybe seven pages in before giving up. The cover is flat, the interior art is terrible and the story is contrived. If this issue wasn't rushed, I'd be surprised. Hell, I'd be surprised if Kirby actually drew most of it. I found very little that actually resembled his work. My guess: he did the layouts while the inker was saddled with the brunt of the artistic chores. The only panels I found moving were, as Des mentioned in the column, the "I'm Ben Grimm again... shit! Never mind." ones. Otherwise :no:.

Seeing as how I'm really excited about Secret Invasion, I couldn't wait to reread this issue of Fantastic Four. Skrulls, the FF on the run, "I hate the world~!" Ben Grimm and a final panel that's insane -- what could possibly go wrong?

Nearly everything!

I got maybe seven pages in before giving up. The cover is flat, the interior art is terrible and the story is contrived. If this issue wasn't rushed, I'd be surprised. Hell, I'd be surprised if Kirby actually drew most of it. I found very little that actually resembled his work. My guess: he did the layouts while the inker was saddled with the brunt of the artistic chores. The only panels I found moving were, as Des mentioned in the column, the "I'm Ben Grimm again... shit! Never mind." ones. Otherwise :no:.

Yeah...pulling the curtain back a little bit, I wasn't happy with this one and I think it may be because it was so negative.

I am loving this series. Well done, sir.

Man, that first year or so had some truly goofy stuff in it. (Thing as Blackbeard! Simultaneously the awesomest and dumbest thing ever!)

The best part about it is that he wanted to stay Blackbeard!

The term Kirbyphile sounds a lot more graphic than it actually is.

Didn't the whole Skrull cow thing lead to something else later? Like, someone got sick from drinking Skrull milk or something?