Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: The Complete Epic Series, part three

RSS

When Buck Rogers returned for its second season in the winter of 1981 (delayed by a writer's strike), the producers heard lead actor Gil Gerard's pleas. For months, Gerard had decried the campy tone and over-the-top pulpishness of the first season. More important, however, were the behind-the-scenes shifts; series creator Glen A. Larson was out, replaced by new executive producer John Mantley, known best for his work on Westerns like Gunsmoke and How the West Was Won. The end result was a vastly different show. No longer part of the Earth Defense Directorate, Buck, Wilma and Twiki had taken positions aboard the Searcher, a starship on a quest to find the 12 lost tribes of Earth.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/m/buck-rogers-03

I thought the feather cap was well designed for Hawk himself, but in the opener, when there's more than one running around, it looked a little goofy. No, but Hawk himself was great. Good costume, BITCHIN' ship, and the actor was really, really good.

Loving the new avatar, Mike, but I have to admit that I've permanently seared the last one on my brain as the mental image I have of you.