FIFA's Blatter calls Ronaldo a mordern slave

ragernok2002

FIFA president Sepp Blatter believes Cristiano Ronaldo should be allowed to leave Manchester United for Real Madrid if he so desires, criticising a trend towards "modern slavery" in football.

The Portugal winger is one of the hottest properties in the sport after a superb season at Old Trafford last term and speculation about a move to the Spanish side has dominated the summer's transfer gossip.

There has been an ongoing war of whispers emanating from both clubs for several weeks and when asked about the protracted wrangle over the 23-year-old's future, Blatter insisted players should be allowed to leave with impunity when they want to move clubs.

"The important thing is, we should also protect the player," he told Sky News.

"If the player wants to play somewhere else, then a solution should be found because if he stays in a club where he does not feel comfortable to play then it's not good for the player and for the club.

"I'm always in favour of protecting the player and if the player, he wants to leave, let him leave."

Blatter believes the issue raises interesting questions about the way transfers and contracts are dealt with in the game.

"I think in football there's too much modern slavery in transferring players or buying players here and there, and putting them somewhere," he continued.

"We are trying now to intervene in such cases. The reaction to the Bosman law is to make long-lasting contacts in order to keep the players and then if he wants to leave, then there is only one solution, he has to pay his contract."

Blatter went on to dismiss the Premier League's much-criticised '39th step' proposals, insisting plans to play competitive matches overseas - either in the league or domestic cups - was doomed to fail.

He said: "The 39th game as presented will never happen. To my knowledge what they (the Premier League) want to do is perhaps to play some of the League Cup matches somewhere outside of England. That's the last information I got.

"They should just forget about that."

Ronaldo's a slave

Bare in mind he is a slave that gets paid £120,000 a week.

The back story to this is Real Madrid the spainish league champions want Ronaldo and use their and Barcelona's favourite tactics to cause unrest by having their sport paper printing stories every 10 seconds about how much Ronaldo chould earn and how much he is wanted there.

Now Ronaldo hasn't come out and said he wants to leave Man United but all the rumblings from his parasites sorry agents say he does want to leave and Man U don't want him to go.

The Head of FIFA Seth Blatter and the head of UEFA Platini are morons but that is for another day.

Blatter is doing his best to destroy the transfer system, with introducing of being able to buy out the last 2 years of your contract and the 6 + 5 rule which directly violates EU laws.

Lets not forget that Real Madrid, AC Milian, Inter Milian and Barca have all in the past couple of years have broken the rules for transfers and did FIFA or UEFA do anything about it after Man U logged an offical complaint about Real and Inter were caught red handed with that moron Hleb. The shocking answer is No.

Yeah, no "thanks Sir Alex Ferguson for really bringing out my potential in the top team in the top league in the world" or anything. I don't even like Ferguson/Man United either, but you can't deny that they're pretty much as big as football clubs come. Real Madrid are certainly huge as well, although they tend to spend too much money on great players who arrive and then don't dominate the same way they used to.

I think Madrid are a bigger club mainly due to their history, holding the most champion leagues titles and some like 20 something league titles but United at the moment are the biggest club due to their marketing and the last two decades. Take away the 90's from them and they are that big where as madrid have won leagues throught the years.