A Casual TV Fan's Guide Special: The Great Marvel TV Implosion, or The Mediocre Marvel Marching Society

RSS

Oh man, this is a great read. I remember watching the 1970’s Spiderman movie as a kid, but I wouldn’t be able to tell you a thing about it. I might have to seek out a few of these.

Youtube is bloated with Spidey. The entire Dr. Strange movie is on there, too.

Further than that, thanks for not bowing to peer pressure and panning Nick Fury. It's actually pretty good by TV movie standards let alone the piss-poorness of Marvel's TV output of the time.

Fun Fact: a young Desmond Reddick saw The Amazing Spider-Man and the Chinese Web (with a re-done bad 80s techno theme song) at the drive-in with another film I can't remember for the life of me...

Further than that, thanks for not bowing to peer pressure and panning Nick Fury. It's actually pretty good by TV movie standards let alone the piss-poorness of Marvel's TV output of the time.

It's all to do with expectations. If the premise of the movie is Nick Fury as portrayed by Knight Rider, you have to know what you're getting into. And if you can deal with that very basic premise, it's not a bad little movie.

But jeez, talk about the internet fanboy hive mind going apeshit...

Fun Fact: a young Desmond Reddick saw The Amazing Spider-Man and the Chinese Web (with a re-done bad 80s techno theme song) at the drive-in with another film I can't remember for the life of me...

You lucky bastard.

A friend of mine reminded me today that when he was a kid, he had taken his Mego Spider-Man doll, and wrapped a couple of twist-ties around his wrist and his waist, so he would have the outside belt and webshooter like he had on TV. :laugh: