Episode 261

RSS

Guest DCAUFan1051

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU Mike & Jenny!!!! when I first saw the E-2 mainpage I almost fell out of my chair because I have the DVD in my computer so I can watch it on my PC while listening to episode 261 on the iPhone. I loved this movie when it first came out on video back in the 80's I got my mom to rent it almost every night. I bout the best of She-Ra to get the movie on DVD because the individual DVD movie isn't on DVD anymore. And not to say anything bad about you guys the original title was:

He-Man & She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword because it was a crossover between the 2 series.

Anyway love your shows great episode.

Guest DCAUFan1051
During the show we discuss the various titles this movie has, including the one the narrator says throughout the movie, which is something like The Secret of She-Ra.

I hadn't finished downloading the episode when I first saw the mainpage post. Sorry Mike anyways thanks for reviewing it my second favorite episode of E-2 TS

Guest DCAUFan1051

I just finished listening to E-2 TS 261 and I'm assuming that Mike and Jenny watched it in episode form because I kept scratching my head when Mike was talking about the narrator. I only know this as the put together movie form. Yes I know that it's on the She-Ra Season 1 Volume 1 DVD set as the 5 episodes. I also know that Mike said he got it through netflix but in the movie version I never remembered there being a narrator other then The Sorceress. Anyways great podcast you guys.

This might have been even funnier than the Batman episode. Great, great job.

Also, Mike, it sounds like you were watching the 5-part version. When I mentioned the theme a few posts ago, I was referring to the movie version theme song, which is cheesier than anything you've ever seen in your life. Was that on this disc?

Edited: Never mind, you just mentioned it. :happy:

I just listened to Mike give a dissertation on cartoon boobies.

Honestly though Dubs, are you very surprised?

Fun ep - I have more memories of She Ra than He Man for some reason, and even then they're hazy, so it's nice to hear about how the spin-off was founded.

Guest DCAUFan1051

You can find The Secret of the Sword on DVD. I found it as The Best Of She-Ra set but there's a variant out there somewheres.

Anyways on the DVD I have Lou Scheimer one of the creators says that they wanted to create a "female" He-Man so that's where the idea came from also his daughter Erika Scheimer was the one to sing the theme song. They were thinking that He-Man was doing so well why not try and repeat it for girls. It's like the My Buddy/Kid Sister Dolls. That was a craze in the 80's

There's name in the credits Erik Gundem which Lou Scheimer said was a take on his and another persons name but I can't be for certain. It might be cheesy at times but it's still a part of any childhood of people who grew up in the 80's!!!

Guest DCAUFan1051
Sure thing! Just the other day Jen and I were looking at our DVDs discussing what we might review soon, and Spaceballs was on the list.

how about the Back To The Future Series as well Mike??? is that "geek" enough lol

Guest DCAUFan1051

I remember when The Secret Of The Sword hit VHS back in the 80's. I have no idea what movie rentals cost back then but I know we had a ton of late fees from a store in Massachusetts called Adventure in Video because my mom would rent me that movie and the Transformers movie and we'd keep them for a month hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

I know this is kind of off topic but I read on www.he-man.org that there were plans to re introduce Adora/She-Ra in the 2002 He-Man revamp but the show got cancelled before that could happen. However they did make a NEW toy for her. :D:D

Guest DCAUFan1051
An all-Back to the Future show is planned, but I'm waiting for it's 25th anniversary, which isn't until July 2010. (Yes, I sometimes plan that far ahead.)

a few more suggestions Mike: what about reviewing Thundercats, Voltron, Knight Rider?? lol