The King and I: Form and Function

RSS

After the wild imagery seen in the last installment of The King and I, I thought I'd tone it down and discuss another aspect of Kirby's character design: practicality. Whether it be for simplicity or ease, some of Kirby's character designs are those that don't scorch your retinas! These are dynamic in their simplicity and iconic in their own right. Let's sit back and take a look at the top 10 practical character designs.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/columns/reddick/the-king-and-i-07

My PC loaded the banner before the title and I was keyed up for a World's Finest featuring a Darkseid episode. I enjoyed the article as usual but that was a tad cruel.

Also Des has now ruined Darkseid for me forever. I'll just be hearing the Futurama Richard Nixon every time I see him now. Oh god Final Crisis is just going to be Nixon vs DC.

I wish more people would dipict heroes as wearing clothes rather than unstable molecules, the Kirby jumpsuit only survives in the costume of the Thinker.

Based on how many designs the Challengers inspired, their placement on the list seems a bit low.

I know. Good point. But the others were more evolved and refined.

I wish more people would dipict heroes as wearing clothes rather than unstable molecules, the Kirby jumpsuit only survives in the costume of the Thinker.

The FF came right from the jumpsuit, though.

The FF came right from the jumpsuit, though.

True, but its hardly the same as what they wear now. I'd much prefer to see them in the jumpsuit style costumes, it lends them some realism. It would also differentiate them from the rest of the Marvel U.