Selling it all?

Missy

Since I haven't touched any of my console systems in a very long time, including the Wii, I'm thinking of selling them all. If I do it, I'll keep my DS around, because I still play it, but everything else is simply collecting dust. Has anyone been in this situation, where they seriously thought about getting rid of all their games? And if so, did you do it?

I've been going through similar revelations, Yoda. I recently used the Amazon Marketplace to list a fair number of DVDs and Xbox / PS2 / 360 games that I knew I'd never play again. I don't know that I'll ever have the balls to get rid of the whole kit n' kaboodle (what if I suddenly get a hankering to play Wall Street Kid?!?!) but I think it's definitely a good idea to reduce.

First of all, Mike, I'm more than willing to take some of that stuff off your hands. Let me know what you're getting rid of and I'm sure I'll see something I need.

As for getting rid of collections, I've already lost two, but neither were by choice.

My first collection was handed down to me from my uncle when I was about 9 or so. It was an Atari 2600, Colecovision, Commodore computer, a Sega Master System and an NES. These were lost in a fire a few years later, and I quit collecting for a while after that.

Around 18, I started my second collection, mostly trying to work towards a complete PSone library, and some Saturn stuff. I lost my job about a year later and had to sell most of it.

My current collection (the one that I posted a pic of a good while ago, pretty much everything post-NES) is my largest to date, and I almost lost that too when I broke up with my girlfriend. I owed her a lot of money and for a short period of time, our only solution was that I give her all of my video games, which fucking killed me. That was the reason I stopped playing for a few months (well that, and the depression). I eventually got everything back around August, but if I hadn't, I most likely would have quit games for a while.

I went through my collection and traded in just about every game I didn’t like a few months ago. Outside of that though, I don’t think I’ve ever traded in or sold any of my old games.

I kind of wish I had the patience to sell stuff on eBay. I’m pretty sure I could have got some decent cash for a few of the games I traded.