Episode 72

RSS

In this jam-packed episode of Dread Media, Darryll joins Desmond for a Roadkill Review of the newly released Platinum Dunes suckfest The Unborn. Desmond recovers enough to review The Summer I Died by Ryan C. Thomas, and DW's triumphant return heralds a review of an obscure DOS game: Harvester. Tons of talk is had, and a Rue Morgue Magazine giveaway is offered. Tunes include: "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell" by Iggy & The Stooges, "New Born" by Muse, "Dirty Black Summer" by Danzig and "Death Trip" by Iggy & The Stooges. RIP Ron Asheton. [ 1:34:09 || 43.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_072.mp3

MS-DOS (short for Microsoft Disk Operating System) is an operating system commercialized by Microsoft. It was the most commonly used member of the DOS family of operating systems and was the main operating system for personal computers during the 1980s. It was based on the Intel 8086 family of microprocessors, particularly the IBM PC and compatibles. It was gradually replaced on consumer desktop computers by operating systems offering a graphical user interface (GUI), in particular by various generations of the Microsoft Windows operating system and Linux. MS-DOS was known before as QDOS (Quick and Dirty Operating System) and 86-DOS.[1]

Why in the blue hell is there a baby crying in the background?

MS-DOS (short for Microsoft Disk Operating System) is an operating system commercialized by Microsoft. It was the most commonly used member of the DOS family of operating systems and was the main operating system for personal computers during the 1980s. It was based on the Intel 8086 family of microprocessors, particularly the IBM PC and compatibles. It was gradually replaced on consumer desktop computers by operating systems offering a graphical user interface (GUI), in particular by various generations of the Microsoft Windows operating system and Linux. MS-DOS was known before as QDOS (Quick and Dirty Operating System) and 86-DOS.[1]

I know what DOS is, I just never realized that there were games for it...or does that include those Sierra games too? I used to have Gold Rush but my friend had Police Quest and that was bitchin'.

What baby? :angel:

I know what DOS is, I just never realized that there were games for it...or does that include those Sierra games too? I used to have Gold Rush but my friend had Police Quest and that was bitchin'.

What baby? :angel:

There were a lot of Sierra games, but also a ton of FMV games. Getting DOS to run on modern systems is a bitch though.

And please don't tell me that you actually put that baby noise in there intentionally. It makes the first five minutes or so of my segment unlistenable.

And please don't tell me that you actually put that baby noise in there intentionally. It makes the first five minutes or so of my segment unlistenable.

Not unlistenable. Funny.

You were whining.

Gotta come down on the unlistenable side - it made me wonder why Dubs would be recording Brainscan whilst minding a baby.

EDIT: And my god, did I ever miss out on the FMV era?!? It just isn't the same as the old Worms cut-scenes.