Star Trek: Phase II

RSS

Great read, Dan. I've seen 3 of the 5, and while I wasn't blown away, I do admire the sheer balls necessary to even attempt one of these (let alone an entire series).

In addition to your thoughts, here's some of my own:

In Harm's Way - "The Doomsday Machine" is one of those old Trek episodes I'll never get out of my head. Every Memorial Day when I was a kid, I'd watch the Trek marathon and it would invariably be on. It's not by any means a bad episode, but for an kid growing up in the mid-to-late 80's, it's really not that engrossing. Still, it was kind of nice to see some sort of resolution to the thing and even get a metric shit ton of fan service (parallel timelines, The Gateway, Captain Pike). And I was extremely giddy when

the TMP Enterprise came flying in, (complete with James Horner's epic score),

even if it made no sense whatsoever.

To Serve All My Days - I'm a Chekov mark, so seeing Walter Koenig going back to the character that made him famous was utter joy for me. Still, most of this episode really had me scratching my head. Was it real, a dream, a parallel timeline? Bad ending to an otherwise decent episode.

World Enough and Time - Seeing Excelsior again was a real treat. Other than that, you pretty well nailed my thoughts on this one.

I'd also like to point to another professionally made fan film called, "Of Gods and Men". Tim Russ (Tuvok from Voyager) created and directed this. It also co-stars Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, Alan Ruck (Captain Harriman from Generations, Stuart from Spin City, Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off), and James Cawley.

Kellen is having some problems getting Animezing Podcast finished and uploaded, so I switched the two around on the schedule.

You know what the sad thing is? I saw it was up, and I immediately assumed it was Thursday and I only had one more day of work to go before the long weekend. I may at some point learn how to read a calendar.