Episode 79

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick kicks off Mean-Spirited March by washing his hands of Faces of Death. He then delights Darryll with Tokyo Gore Police before disturbing him with Ichi the Killer. It's a straightforward mean bastard of an episode chock full of good discussion, great feedback and killer tunes: "The Death Song" by Marilyn Manson, "Are You Dead Yet?" by Children of Bodom, "Tokyo Lucky Hole (Live)" by Painkiller, "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads and "Watch it Die" by Bad Religion. [ 1:25:59 || 39.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_079.mp3

I need to amend publicly the email reading at the end of this episode. I was drunk and thought Antonio was emailing me about watching Fragile on my recommendation when I thought he mistook Fragile for Frailty when really I made that connection up in my own drunken, sleep-deprived head.

I've apologized to Antonio and wanted to mention it before I get a wave of "He said Fragile, dumbass" comments. You pack of wolves, you.

I'd like to make an amendment as well, if I may. One of your listeners gave feedback quoting a comment made regarding the look and feel of eighties horror. Des, you gave credit for the quote to me but I don't recall saying that, specifically, so I can only assume the quote came from DW, perhaps?

For what it's worth, I agree wholeheartedly. If you've ever clicked through late night television, it takes a split second to recognize an eighties horror flick. Something in the grain of the film and the sound of the synthesizer and the quality of the foley effects. Not to mention the fact that it's likely to feature Pamela Susan Shoop topless in a hot tub. :wub:

I was hoping Back to Frank Black was a Pixies reference, but at least I got Talking Heads in this episode. I'm seeing David Byrne in concert next month and I'm genuinely excited for it!!

Dubs, even if you aren't in this ep, Brainscan is wonderfully educational even if I've never heard of pretty much anything you ever feature! :yes: