Episode 86

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick fights off another cold while interviewing author Michael McBride, reviewing his novel Bloodletting, and the film Crowley. Tunes include: "Animal" by Mindless Self Indulgence, "Bloodletting" by The Haunted, "The Evil That Men Do" by Iron Maiden, "Love Under Will" by New Math, and "Revelations" by Iron Maiden. Visit Michael at www.michaelmcbride.net, and buy his books at www.horror-mall.com. Pardon the sniffles and enjoy the NeoCitran-laced rambling. [ 1:15:11 || 34.6 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_086.mp3

I may have to seek out Crowley, given that Simon Callow is generally awesome. Good rest of show too, despite the ill health. I was a bit worried at the start of the McBride interview because of the highlighted unfamiliarity of his work, but it got into gear and made for a good listen. I don't know why, but the fact he works in an X-Ray department surprised me. I must have had some kind of image that all professional writers ONLY wrote for a living, which must be a bit off the mark.

I may have to seek out Crowley, given that Simon Callow is generally awesome. Good rest of show too, despite the ill health. I was a bit worried at the start of the McBride interview because of the highlighted unfamiliarity of his work, but it got into gear and made for a good listen. I don't know why, but the fact he works in an X-Ray department surprised me. I must have had some kind of image that all professional writers ONLY wrote for a living, which must be a bit off the mark.

I think you'd be surprised at how many writers have day jobs.

Stephen King is the only case I have heard of where someone sold their first book and immediately quit their job to become a professional writer. Many, like Jack Ketchum, worked as literary agents and editors and stuff inside the industry but few begin writing professionally right off the bat...or ever.