Scott Pilgrim, volume one: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

RSS

Scott doesn't have to worry about much in life. At 23 years old he's perfectly happy to spend his days lounging around, living off his roommate and friends. Without a job or any long-term goals, he pretty much drifts through each day. His only real motivation is Sex Bob-Omb, the rock band he plays in. Of course, that doesn't stop him from charming the naive Knives Chau, a high schooler who quickly becomes Scott's biggest fan. But Scott's life goes through a bit of a shake up when an American delivery girl named Ramona Flowers starts showing up in his dreams. After a chance encounter with Ramona leads to an awkward but fun date, things start to look up. Of course, dating Ramona will take more than a bit of work on Scott's behalf. Not only does he already have a teenage girlfriend in tow, he'll have to defeat Ramona's seven evil ex-boyfriends in order to continue dating her, and they aren't going down without a fight.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/c/indy/scott-pilgrim-01

Excellent review. I too just recently tore through all five books in this series, its a real little gem. We had the same initial problems with the over-simplified art but it really does work well once you're used to it. The switch midway through the book was jarring but so much fun that I completely accepted it.

Good read, nice job Mr Robinson.

Nice review, sir.

I picked up volumes 1 and 2 a few weeks ago and read both of them in an hour while in a state of flux. By the time I'd finished reading them I was desperately seeking more, so the next day I rushed out and picked up volumes 3 to 5. The artwork and humour in it really do help it stand out as a great little series to pick up.

The only problem with reading the series at this point is that 5 ends on a cliff-hanger. I think I could probably read 1 to 4 and be okay, since they all have at least a little closure. But then 5 comes along and changes everything! I’m going to anxious for answers for a good long while.

The movie is looking awesome too. I have nothing but faith in Edgar Wright. Especially when he goes and posts pictures like this:

3537527139_59b0f79e51_b.jpg