Episode 14

RSS

The Doctor and Steven find themselves in the middle of a religious purging, one they cannot stop no matter how much they long to ("The Massacre"). And after picking up a new companion named Dodo, the trio lands on a spaceship containing the last survivors of the human race ("The Ark"). [ 52:35 || 24.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggeronth.../bigger_014.mp3

The Doctor and Steven find themselves in the middle of a religious purging, one they cannot stop no matter how much they long to ("The Massacre"). And after picking up a new companion named Dodo, the trio lands on a spaceship containing the last survivors of the human race ("The Ark"). [ 52:35 || 24.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggeronth.../bigger_014.mp3

Listening right now...another very enjoyable episode so far :-).

On the reconstruction front, I tend to struggle watching them too. I wonder if you would find it easier to listen to the BBC audio releases, that come with additional dramatic narration (usually by one of the actors who played a companion, Peter Purvis is particularly good as the narrator). I find them a lot easier to follow, and enjoy the episodes a lot more that way.

Thanks for the recommendations, gentlemen! With regards to the French Wars of Religion, I did happen to study it when I was 17 or so, but only because I took history right through to the end of my A-Level exams and even then, because that's the course my teacher chose to teach us. Catholic/Protestant hatred in Europe has waned from its height in the 16th century, although tensions remain considerably in some areas (most notably Northern Ireland) and it is still illegal for the heir to the British throne to be a Catholic. Princess Anne's son recently married a Canadian woman who renounced her Catholic heritage to marry him.