Episode 93

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, things go rather smoothly for an episode with a curse theme. Desmond and Darryll bring back the Roadkill Review for Sam Raimi's return to horror, Drag Me To Hell. Then Desmond goes solo on the indie B-movie Blood Scarab, and the Japanese head-scratcher Battle Heater. Most importantly, your gracious host goes through tons of feedback and begins the podcast with a tale of a donut. Tunes included: "See You in Hell" by Monster Magnet, "Living Hell" by The Misfits, "Curse of the Pharaohs" by Mercyful Fate, "Day the Earth Caught Fire" by Balzac and "Im-Ho-Tep (Pharaoh's Curse)" by Iced Earth. [ 1:08:14 || 31.4 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_093.mp3

Des, I take on board all your points but I'm still going to see this, in no small part due to my affection for Alison Lohman stemming mostly from Big Fish which I saw after Matchstick Men.

It complicated though. In Matchstick Men (and warning, spoilers, PLEASE see the film first, its one of the few films that made me tremble with manly tears) she was actually about 24 or so

but she's playing a 14 year old, or so we think until it revealed that she's an older girl pretending to be young. Let just say watching that film with hindsight is confusing to say the least.

I wouldn't begrudge anyone for watching it. In fact, DM is probably the only horror podcast who hasn't creamed in its pants over the film.

Yeah, the Lohman love is a hard thing to reconcile. But I'm okay with that. She was good in Big Fish, buried in the film a little bit, but good nonetheless.

Wait a sec. You stopped the fruit podcast? Where are people going to go for plantain reviews now? Not to mention my rousing segment on fruit related video games: Grape Stand.