Episode 96

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick starts the countdown to 100 with an interview with Severin Films head, legendary genre film documentarian and writer / director David Gregory. Then Darryll and Desmond sit down to look at David's first feature film, Plague Town. Feedback aplenty, and tunes to keep you up at night. Including: "There is a Town" by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, "Fall Children" by AFI and "I'm Eighteen" by Bette. [ 1:46:51 || 49.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_096.mp3

At last, a cultured accent on Dread Media! Nationality aside, I enjoyed the interview quite a bit and it's interesting that Plague Town split you and Darryl because, as you pointed out, you guys normally come at a film from the same POV.

And before you mentioned the Alberta area code, I had a totally different theory about who Canoe Reeves was this week.

Slothian, you're right. Des and I do have pretty similar tastes in film. I guess I like my horror a little more mainstream than he does but he may have something to say about that. I believe our widest opinion split was on Martyrs which Des loved and I despised. I'm sure there will be other films that test our man love for one another.

I didn't totally dislike Plague Town. I just thought it required some tighter editing, a few extra shots to establish spacial relationships in some scenes, and a little more 'oomf' during the action beats. I also thought the father's demise was pretty weak. It did, however, provide some creepy atmosphere, some convincing gore shots, and a believable relationship among the principles. Not bad for a directorial debut.

At last, a cultured accent on Dread Media! Nationality aside, I enjoyed the interview quite a bit and it's interesting that Plague Town split you and Darryl because, as you pointed out, you guys normally come at a film from the same POV.

And before you mentioned the Alberta area code, I had a totally different theory about who Canoe Reeves was this week.

You thought Dubs? Also, it's been like a month since I interviewed a limey. Next episode features not one but two cohosts doing a Christopher Lee impression and Darryll's Edward Woodward impression is likely to be clipped and used in perpetuity...you'll have to wait and see. But that did tease what's covered next episode.

I'm sure there will be other films that test our man love for one another.

I told you never to tell!

You thought Dubs? Also, it's been like a month since I interviewed a limey. Next episode features not one but two cohosts doing a Christopher Lee impression and Darryll's Edward Woodward impression is likely to be clipped and used in perpetuity...you'll have to wait and see. But that did tease what's covered next episode.

- I did think Dubs!

- There's a difference between "being a limey" and "having a cultured accent", because I'm pretty sure Liverpudlians are technically limeys. But I'm all for impressions of those particular actors; if only they'd appeared in a horror film together...