Transformers War For Cybertron

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

Transformers War For Cybertron on GameInformer Article 1

Transformers War For Cybertron on GameInformer Article 2

Gameinformer concludes their month long coverage of Transformers War for Cybertron today with a special edition podcast. The podcast kicks off with a piece of music from the game itself, and then leaps into a full hands-on first impressions preview of the game. Key points from the podcast include:

* The game is a 3rd person shooter, with gameplay like Gears of War.

* Cover can be destroyed, fully destructable environments.

* The backgrounds and backdrops will not be static. (Things will happen in the NPC world, such as energon being transported, machinery working, maybe even cameos).

* Story missions and Co-op are confirmed--a team of at least three other characters is confirmed. There will also be both multiplayer and single player modes.

* Three vehicle classes: Tanks, Jets and another unmentioned class. Depending on the classes and your abilities, the levels will be multi-tiered and have different paths. For jets, this means multiple vertical levels to explore.

* All characters have two different time-based skills (e.g. Shield, invisibility, teleport, etc.).

* Storyline is one story broken into two interlocking parts, Decepticon Campaign (first half) and the Autobot Campaign(last half). It is an origin story.

* Second level is set to explain Starscream and Megatron's relationship. (The first level was previously confirmed as being the tale of the first meeting of Megatron and Starscream).

* Many of the G1 actors are coming back to reprise their original roles. A formal announcement will be made at a later date in 2010; however, Peter Cullen is confirmed as Optimus Prime.

* Hasbro has said this game is canon.

There is also a spoiler in the podcast revealing the nature of the final battle for the Decepticon side of the campaign. If you have been following the coverage so far you should have an idea of what this means, but we won't spoil it for you here.

In other news, the official Transformers War for Cybertron homepage has been updated with a new batch of clips. The clips show off the usual fleeting glimpses of the game - however one of the new clips gives us our first clear look at War for Cybertron Ironhide!

Source for the above info

I personally can't wait til this is released!

Guest DCAUFan1051

Was there a lot of stiff competition out there for best Transformers game? The only decent one was in 2004 for the PS2.

No not a lot of competition.. but a lot of failures. The Atari game based off Armada was great.... the movie games for me suck because of the time constraint levels. This game looks like it'll be the definitive Transformers game for a long time. At least that's what I think.

Guest DCAUFan1051

it's looks awesome.

I concur. ^-^

my only issue is that megatron sounds like a 120 year old man... I know for a fact that it isn't Frank Welker doing the voice. and when I was typing the original post up for the trailer I was typing to fast. That shouldn't be "it's looks awesome" :D ugh! :doh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest TFG1Mike

This does look very cool. I'm a sucker for Transformers Lore so this story isn't exactly in my continuity (they've dropped Megatron's gladiator angle) but still, this is the first time I've seen Cybertron realised like this.

it's based in the G1 cartoon continuity with War Within Comics art style and it's right before the warring factions come to Earth. I think that it's so awesome that we get to see what happened on Cybertron before the journey to earth.

This does look very cool. I'm a sucker for Transformers Lore so this story isn't exactly in my continuity (they've dropped Megatron's gladiator angle) but still, this is the first time I've seen Cybertron realised like this.

it's based in the G1 cartoon continuity with War Within Comics art style and it's right before the warring factions come to Earth. I think that it's so awesome that we get to see what happened on Cybertron before the journey to earth.

To me, G1 continuity is the old 80's/90's comic, not the cartoon. Which means that without Emirate Xaaron or Impactor or any of the other classic Cybertronian characters it doesn't feel like G1. Mind you, it doesn't look much like the old Guardian robots that Omega Supreme was based on will be in there either, not will Alpha Trion, so that's the cartoon continuity out as well. I doubt very much that the Optimus Prime in this game was ever named Orion Pax.

To me War Within doesn't feel within G1 continuity because its so different to either of the actual established continuities I grew up with. Its not like a Year One deal where they needed to make a new story about that era with War Within because the original wasn't gritty or hardcore or tonally correct. The original versions are freakin' hardcore, its all about the gladiatorial combat (which is where all the best warriors came from).

Guest TFG1Mike

true very true, I'm just going off what the game designers have told us. As far as what they are basing it on. As far as War Within and G1 continuity I think as I said before they are taking the war within art style and putting it to a G1 type story. Hell who knows still it's gonna be a very awesome game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...