Episode 132

RSS

Is Black Dynamite a satire or spoof? These two honkies are here to give you proof. And if that ain't enough, we'll show you who's tough. There's afros, soul sisters, and broken bones when Des and Darryll watch Black Belt Jones. Sit back and relax is what you should do in the Dread Media special on blaxploitation kung fu. You dig? [ 1:06:33 || 30.6 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_132.mp3

So...anyway.

I should reiterate, anyone wanting a signed copy of Brian Kaufman's "Dead Beyond the Fence" should email me their mailing address with the title of that book in the subject line.

This was maybe the most fun I've ever had watching the films for an episode of Dread Media. Maybe that just didn't ring through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love the first couple Replacements albums, not so much the later ones.

As far as Black Dynamite goes, I'd give it a 4/5 too, one of the funnest movie watching experiences I've had. It's a coin toss between my favorite part being the orphanage scene or when they deduce the purpose behind the malt liquor.