Magneto

Missy

Sheldon Turner (who has written the scripts for both The Amityville Horror and The Longest Yard remakes, as well as the upcoming Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel) has been asked by Fox to write a Magneto spin-off, which he describes as "The Pianist meets X-Men."

The film, if made using Turner' script, will be set in Magneto's youth -- shortly after the opening sequence in the first X-Men film -- as he comes to terms with his powers and meets Charles Xavier for the first time.

• 5 months later...

From ComingSoon.net:

Sheldon Turner said, "Right now I'm writing 'Magneto', which is an off shoot of the X-Men franchise for Fox. Which is sort of following the path of a villain, the character played by Ian McKellen when he was a young man. It's a prequel of sorts. I'm finishing that up."

• 2 years later...
A Latinoreview Exclusive! The Beast is in Magneto!

While on a visit today to the creature effects shop for Hellboy II: The Golden Army I noticed some pictures that were lying around for other movies like Land of the Lost and of course, Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

But I also noticed a photograph of a young looking Beast leaping through the air. Not a drawing, although it could have been computer generated, but an actual photo.

"What's this?"

"This is young Beast from the prequel they're gonna be doing. Magneto."

"Oh, ok." I replied, trying to act calm before my head exploded from seeing this picture. "So Beast is in Magneto, huh?"

"Ya."

The picture showed a younger guy in the Beast getup leaping down. He was in the full blue costume with his long tail and you couldn't mistake him for anything other than Beast. The picture also had 'Magneto' written in the upper corner. Like I said, I was only able to see it for a few seconds, but it did not look like a computer rendered picture, it looked like an actor in full makeup. Nevertheless, Beast IS in the movie.

Unfortunately I couldn't take a picture of ANY of this stuff because there were a lot of drawings and photos from Land of the Lost there as well. But this Beast information is awesome. Who else will be in the Magneto film? What other younger X-Men could make an appearance and what role could The Beast have?

http://latinoreview.com/news/hank-mccoy-to-meet-magneto-4641

Did Beast have a tail in the last X-Men movie? I don't think he did.

• 6 months later...
Superhero Hype! got a chance to talk to David Goyer (The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, "Blade" films) on Thursday and learned from the filmmaker that the Magneto spin-off is in a holding pattern at the moment.

"I think they like the script and they're just waiting to see what happens with 'Wolverine,'" Goyer told us. "I don't think they would consider moving forward until the movie comes out."

Magneto will give us a look at the early life of Eric Lensherr and his friendship with Charles Xavier.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=7904