Supernatural - The Animation

YazzyDream

n0024930_l.jpg

So, a number of months back it was announced that Supernatural (yes, the CW series) is going to be adapted into a 22 episode anime series. It's being produced by studio Madhouse. (The same guys who have brought you Death Note, Paprika, Vampire Hunter D, Paranoia Agent, Batman: Gotham Knights, and a ton of other really awesome works.)

The teaser trailer has finally been released! And you can view that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SoTKfHsais.

I'm not really a fan of the series. (I could never really get past the acting.) But the concept always seemed super interesting to me, and hey, the scripts/stories are probably really good from what I've heard! I think it could work really well as an anime, and that little teaser looks pretty darn cool. So, I'm looking forward to it. :yes:

More info:

The animeanime.jp website reports that the anime will be a 22-episode season that will cover the storyline of the live-action version's first two seasons. The first volume will ship on January 12 with the first two episodes. On February 2, the "Box 1" set will ship with episodes 3 to 12. On April 6, the "Box 2" set will ship with episodes 13 to 22. (There will be a different release schedule for the rental version of the project.)

The anime project will not only remake the best episodes from the live-action version, but also depict original episodes not seen in the live-action version. Those original episodes will include prologues of the Winchester brothers' childhood, anime-only enemies, and episodes featuring secondary characters from the live-action version.

Supernatural creator Eric Kripke is credited as the anime project's creator, and MADHOUSE co-founder Masao Maruyama is serving as executive producer. Naoya Takayama (Night Head, Liar Game) is supervising the series' scripts, and Takahiro Yoshimatsu (Trigun) is designing the characters.

Official Site

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...