Dread Reel-ief Episode 04

RSS

Dread Reel-ief is back! And the Commonwealth Crew have the daunting task of reviewing the film based on Todd McFarlane's popular comic from the 1990s: Spawn. What do the boys think about it? Ian had to get drunk to review it. Oh yeah, and the world may end before the review is over. There's high stakes, people! [ 25:06 || 11.6 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmediapresents_015.mp3

I know Ian said he's been drunk during podcast recordings before, but this is the first time it was *very* apparent. Wow!

Where the movie's concerned, I've always had an affection for Spawn because I too am a child of the 90's, and Spawn was the shit all throughout. It went across the lines of Batman and Robin in that as a kid I didn't realize right away that people hated the film. I saw it recently again and it's decent, but Klown is very annoying. Michael Jai White was great casting, and it sort of has a soft spot in my heart.

Have either of you seen the director's cut? If so, what are the differences?