Silver Surfer

Missy

When Avi Arad was asked by SFX Magazine if Galactus would appear in the upcoming Fantastic Four film, he said, "Galactus is going to be in the Silver Surfer movie, which we're starting our journey towards." He then added, "First we want to do the origin of the Silver Surfer and the Galactus story. But because it's the same studio [as the Fantast Four], one day you'll probably have our version of Alien Vs. Predator - only a much, much better version."

• 2 years later...
Director Tim Story, currently promoting the DVD release of his "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer," recently told Screen Rant his excuse for not showing more of galactic devourer Galactus in the film.

In the comics the planet devouring force of nature is depicted as a gigantic humanoid with signature purple armor and helmet. In 'Surfer' he was shown as a gigantic spatial cloud, though the shape of the helmet can be briefly glimpsed amidst a fire at the heart of the cloud in the big action sequence finale.

"We decided early on that we would not bring him to life completely as you might think of him in the comics, being a man with the suit and the helmet and everything else. One of the main reasons is because we always knew that there was going to be a Silver Surfer 1, or they were going to make a spin-off of the Silver Surfer. If I gave up everything in this movie, then that movie wouldn't have much to go on. Knowing that I wasn't going to do it that early, I wanted to keep it fairly open to interpretation by the director who would do that one. So the idea of the cloud and everything made pretty good sense to us."

Right now plans for a "Silver Surfer" film up in the air due to the possible impending strikes. At last report, "The Crow" helmer Alex Proyas was set to direct.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/071004b.php

So um...they're going to have Galactus as he is in the comics. How will they explain the whole killer space cloud thing?

In my mind he was in the cloud, and we never saw him for what he really was. We only had a glimpse when you could see the shadow of his helmet. Think of it like the fire cloud that hid the space ships in Independence Day.

So um...they're going to have Galactus as he is in the comics. How will they explain the whole killer space cloud thing?

In my mind he was in the cloud, and we never saw him for what he really was. We only had a glimpse when you could see the shadow of his helmet. Think of it like the fire cloud that hid the space ships in Independence Day.

The thing is if I'm getting a Surfer movie I want Thanos. Galactus is cool and all but Thanos is one bad boy, and really is Surfer's main villian.