Episode 634

RSS

Having updated my spreadsheet, it appears that I've now graded 70 comic book movies through published Earth-2.net: The Show episodes! I've reviewed more through Dread Reel-lief (which we don't score) and there's another film reviewed on The Show that's yet to be released, but 70 still feels like a hell of a lot!

The last time I did the Comic Reel-lief chart, it was a Top 30 and Return of Swamp Thing was in the 30th spot at 1.5/10, whilst X2 was just above Iron Man for the top spot, with both films on 9.5/10. Return of Swamp Thing is now 67th, meaning there's 3 films that are worse, whilst The Dark Knight & Batman Begins have claimed the top 2 spots respectively with Iron Man in 3rd and X2, which hasn't aged as gracefully, in 6th. The current 30th spot is occupied by The Amazing Spider-Man on 7.5/10 with Iron Man 3 slotting in just underneath. Steel's the new 63rd spot.

I love spreadsheets!

I agree 200% with your thoughts on Iron Man 3 Ian, although I dug Iron Man 2 more due to the final battle sequence.

I maintain that Steel is the worst comic book movie ever made. WAY WORSE than Batman and Robin, the Shadow and various others. It didn't offend me or make me mad when I saw it (almost ten years ago last I can recall) but it just came off soooo crappy. Mebbe I'll go back towards it for laughs.