Episode 304

RSS

This week we're celebrating Hammer's later more "original" era. Gone are the days of new interpretations of Universal Monsters, and ushered in are the modern man-as-monsters films like the ones Duane and Desmond covered this week: The Devil Rides Out, Straight on till Morning, and Rasputin the Mad Monk. There are some epic Hammer tunes this week, as well: "Luciferian Blood Covenant" by Death Wolf, "The Devil Rides Out (Remix)" by Fantomas, "Rainbow in the Dark" by Dio, "Sexual Healing" by Dope, and "Let Legend Mark Me as the King" by Christopher Lee. Please donate to www.dreadmedia.com. [ 1:16:42 || 37.0 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_304.mp3

Not that you'll be losing sleep over this Des, but Charles Gray had a cameo as the English contact in Japan in You Only Live Twice, and more notably, featured as Blofeld in Diamonds Are Forever. Hope your boys like the Connery era!

And as much as I liked the RAWK version of Sexual Healing, I really do think Boney M would have been a more appropriate lead out - rock version or no!