Episode 120

RSS

The Doctor and Amy free a Star Whale from human oppression ("The Beast Below"), then the Daleks manipulate The Doctor into recreating their race ("Victory of the Daleks"). Also, Dan and Mike discuss Pacific Rim, as well as a future project. Maybe. [ 1:16:10 || 36.8 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_120.mp3

Personally I like the Moffat Daleks. Not that I disliked the Rtd ones but everything changes, it has too. Yes the Moffat Dalek colours are too bright but that could have been altered slightly, further down the line. The idea that they are pure Daleks taking dominance over the Rtd Daleks for not being pure was a really nice touch. The fact that they gave in to public outcry later on is just stupid and totally negates anything that happens in this story. So by the time we get to Asylum we have New colour pure Daleks now working with the Bronze ones. When before they wanted to wipe them out for not being perfect. Nuts. If they would have stuck to there guns, people would have gotten use to them and maybe we might have got further development on what exactly their roles were concerning the job titles they were given. Especially the Eternal Dalek. That one by name alone intrigued me. Shame we will probably never know now.