Episode 05.02: Broken

RSS

So, you've just ridden a wave of underground popularity with a record that was 100% rock-driven synth pop. What do you do? Well, if your record label wants you to capitalize on that, you say "Fuck you" and release Broken. Nine Inch Nails' 1992 EP sounds so radically different from what came before that it's almost a new band. Which is weird because it's all basically one guy. Sit back and enjoy the conversation of an industrial metal classic by Desmond and Damien, two former members of Pigface. Oh, and an overview of the Grammy for Best Metal Performance throughout the 1990s, AKA Megadeth: Always a Bridesmaid, Never a Bride. [ 1:02:54 || 30.4 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/droppedd/episodes/droppedd_005-02.mp3

Also, I cut it out of the episode because it was fucking confusing. I knew I was wrong as I was saying it, but the video is so cool, I wanted to add it anyway.

I said it was a video for Physical (You're So), but I knew full well that it was Gave Up.

Below is a live in-studio performance video of Gave Up recorded at Le Pig Studios (where Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson Family, more on that next episode).

Present, among other, is: Trent Reznor, Marilyn Manson, Richard Patrick from Filter, Chris Vrenna and Danny Lohner. Good shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVpw1SwJRBI

I love that he gets the scream headache that I so often got onstage because I, like Reznor, never learned to sing properly. That is where our similarities begin and end.