Sign in to follow this  

Dread   

There's a trailer for the new adaptation of Stephen King's IT. I was pretty ambivalent about it (and IT, I guess) until I saw the trailer. Looks great.

Dread   

Also, the lack of a subtitle (ie: IT: The Loser's Club) tells me that they are going to treat the modern day portion of the novel as a sequel to this film as opposed to billing it as a duology which is an interesting way to go about it.

That looks terrifying. It's hitting right at the time where everyone is already scared of clowns also which is good for getting teenagers to see it. 

Having never seen the original IT, or read the novel, there's been little to compel me to see the remake. This trailer, however, changed that. The scenes with the slide projector and the little brother near the end were done rather well.

Rjoyadet   

right at the time where everyone is already scared of clowns. 

When I first came to the United States, I never understood why all my peers were afraid of clowns. I have considered carrying a red nose in case I ever get mugged, I just pop it on and the mugger dies of fright.

I've been really interested in Stephen King's works lately, and this trailer is just amplifying my need to seek his stuff out even more. And honestly, it looks legitimately frightening. Bill Skarsgård barely looks human, which is a plus.

right at the time where everyone is already scared of clowns. 

When I first came to the United States, I never understood why all my peers were afraid of clowns. I have considered carrying a red nose in case I ever get mugged, I just pop it on and the mugger dies of fright.

Blame stupid teenagers and social media. 

I've been really interested in Stephen King's works lately, and this trailer is just amplifying my need to seek his stuff out even more. And honestly, it looks legitimately frightening. Bill Skarsgård barely looks human, which is a plus.

Are you more interested in reading King or the film adaptations?