The DCAU news thread

Koete

Live action, cartoon, whatever, Mask of The Phantasm is only bested by the Nolan films when it comes to Batman movies.

Return of the Joker.

As much as I love RoTJ (and I'm going to use spoiler tags just in case, even though I'm sure everyone's seen it), there is one major gripe I have with it:

you mean to tell me that Batman, whose "son" was pretty much molested and mind-fucked by the world's biggest psychopath, who has more tech than god, is not going to comb every inch of Tim for anything else the Joker might have done to him and is not going to find a microchip on the back of Tim's neck?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live action, cartoon, whatever, Mask of The Phantasm is only bested by the Nolan films when it comes to Batman movies.

Return of the Joker.

As much as I love RoTJ (and I'm going to use spoiler tags just in case, even though I'm sure everyone's seen it), there is one major gripe I have with it:

you mean to tell me that Batman, whose "son" was pretty much molested and mind-fucked by the world's biggest psychopath, who has more tech than god, is not going to comb every inch of Tim for anything else the Joker might have done to him and is not going to find a microchip on the back of Tim's neck?

Well:it's been a couple of months since I last watched the movie.

batman was so horrified at what happened and the joker finally being killed, he couldn't think about the Joker having the last laugh.

Also Leslie Tompkins, if that's her name, took care of Tim, she's nowhere near as efficient and anal as Batman.

I think.

batman was so horrified at what happened and the joker finally being killed, he couldn't think about the Joker having the last laugh.

Also Leslie Tompkins, if that's her name, took care of Tim, she's nowhere near as efficient and anal as Batman.

I think.

I don't buy it. They said that it took a long time for Leslie to cure him and years of therapy after that. More than enough time for Bruce's head to clear past his grief.

I think.

I don't buy it. They said that it took a long time for Leslie to cure him and years of therapy after that. More than enough time for Bruce's head to clear past his grief.

Bruce is still pissed about his parents dying when he's in his 70's.

Bruce will never let anything go, which is why you should never borrow money from him.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I just watched Mask Of the Pantasm on HBO and at the end after the explosion when Bats is in the sewer when he comes out he and his costume should be soaking wet yet the water just drips off it. WTF ??? Is his batsuit waterproof? HELP any ideas people??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm starting this thread because of an email I sent David Lambert the news director over at TVShowsOnDVD

I asked him several questions one being would we ever see more Complete Series Sets of the DCAU Cartoons Below are the ones I was specifically asking about:

S: TAS

B: Beyond

Justice League

Justice League Unlimited

here is his reply to that question:

Said By David Lamert:

Your fourth question was asked by a fan to Warner execs at a recent live online chat sponsored by HomeTheaterForum.com, specifically about Supes:TAS, and even Warner didn't know yet (it will depend on sales for Batman:TAS, they replied).

I have all the Batman Beyond and JL, JLU DVD Sets I'm waiting on the B: TAS Complete Series as I never bought the Volume DVD Sets of that show. I still don't have the Superman Sets but hopefully the B: TAS Complete Series will do well and they'll release Supes as a Complete Series.

If I haven't stated on here before I much prefer Complete Series DVD Sets then individual Seasons because you get more.... sometimes lol. And if you cut it down cost wise the average DVD Set is $40-$60 a piece (depending on where you go) A Complete Series Set runs from $119-$400. The reason why I went as high as the 400 was because that's how much The Sopranos Complete Series is gonna cost. Yea I know :ot:

I love having the DCAU on DVD just being able to pop in any episode at any time is a great thing. I still want Complete Series Series sets though :D

What does everyone else think?

Honestly, that is all you will get. You see the thing is if the set sells, you might get S:TAS complete set, but I don't think they will give a shit that much. The only problem is the sales will not be high enough to warrant a new set IMO. I mean, almost everyone who wants B:TAS has already got it. But I'm a cynic so maybe I'm wrong. Wow, I just won the award for most random post of the day! Yay!

Guest DCAUFan1051
Honestly, that is all you will get. You see the thing is if the set sells, you might get S:TAS complete set, but I don't think they will give a shit that much. The only problem is the sales will not be high enough to warrant a new set IMO. I mean, almost everyone who wants B:TAS has already got it. But I'm a cynic so maybe I'm wrong. Wow, I just won the award for most random post of the day! Yay!

no suave your cake posts are more random lol

and they did rerelease JL Season 1 on Blu Ray so there is hope

Guest DCAUFan1051
Unless every episode has a brand new commentary, I'll stick with my DVDs. Like the case, though.

mike: do you know which episodes have commentaries off the top of your head?

I know on the news item I read it said there would be 12 commentaries and I like the images of the box art. But a website I visited recently had a breakdown of the special features and didn't list the commentaries.

As I stated before I never bought the volume sets so first thing Tuesday morning at 10am I'll be at Best Buy to pick it up.

B: TAS Rules

Guest DCAUFan1051

It's Sunday Paper time folks.....

I just found rthe Complete Animated Series DVD Set in the Best Buy Sunday ad for $74.99 instead of the $107.92 MSRP that TVShowsOnDVD listed........

I'll definitely be getting this from Best Buy Tuesday

Guest DCAUFan1051
DCAU can you post in here how the extras are for the set after you pick it up?

yes suave I can run down the special features for ya but as said by others in this thread there aint that much newer content compared to the volume DVD sets.

The 17th disc has a couple of featurettes that have never been seen before but other then that it's the same content.

I'll still post pics and thoughts on it here though seeing as this will be my first B: TAS dvd set ever. I'm glad I waited until this came out there were several times I was in Best Buy that my impulse buying want to kick in. But I waited and I'm glad.

I'd have to go back and look but to whomever created this thread there are 17 discs not 16 :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

I was going to start a new thread but I figured it'd be easier to write it in here:

The title of the thread was going to be The B: TAS Marathon Of Doom :D

Starting at 11AM 11/7/08 I'll be enbarking on a DC Animated Universe Mission

This mission includes the following tasks:

Watch every single B: TAS Episode including those with commentary tracks

Watch Every single bonus feature available on the Complete Series DVD Set.

Then after that report my thoughts here on the forum.

Hmmm.... this will probably take a few days lol

Considering I still have no internet in my apt at least it's something to do. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK this is a warning to everyone this most likely will be my longest post ever.

Because I just finished watching all the commentaries on the 12 episodes plus every bonus feature on every disc. Including the 17th Bonus Disc. I'm going to post my thoughts first then the picture montage afterwards. I took all kinds of pics from the Box Set.

As a person whom never owned the Volume DVD Sets I'm glad I waited for this.

To those naysayers about the bonus 40 Page booklet included in this set let me justify it a little. It gives production art as well as a breakdown of each Volume's episodes and extras. So it took the place of having individual booklets. And considering that they compiled the 4 Volume Sets into To Cases it's much better. Volumes 1 & 2 are in one DVD case with nice background art behind the discs. And Volumes 3 & 4 are in a secondary Case with nice backround art behind them as well. The discs themselves while being the exact same artwork from the individual releases are packaged nicely in a flip style alternating case. By this I mean 1 disc on one side is at the top of the flip case and the disc on the opposite side is on the bottom.

I wish there was a commentary on Old Wounds though

The Added Bonus Disc was collection of features from other DCU and DCAU DVD's the only new thing was Batman's history in animation from the SuperFriends days all the way up to B: Gotham Knight. It was a good featurette

I forget which disc it's on but there's an interactive Arkam Asylum featurette and that was pretty cool. I thought it was just going to be a bio page on the major B: TAS Rogues but there were video files with Bruce Timm and the gang explaining the characters.

Paul Dini even makes the comment about Selina/Catwoman that she is "Bruce's/Bats true mate more so then Talia the only thing ithat is keeping them apart is her willingess to stay in the dark completely and Bruce not wanting to go fully into darkness."

I so wished that they'd have waited until 2012 to release this though. Because that would be the year of the 20th Anniversary of B: TAS. Then they could have added more bonus material.

I kinda wished they'd have added in the DCAU Batman movies with this set seeing as it's material related to the series.

Eric Radomski kept mentioning in the commentaries that they thought of the series as mini movies. Kinda like movie of the week I guess. So that's why there weren't too many ongoing continuities from episode to episode.

Overall it's a great set to have here are the pics I've taken:

BTAS3.jpg

BTAS5.jpg

BTAS1.jpg

BTAS6.jpg

BTAS9.jpg

BTAS8.jpg

BTAS11.jpg

that last photo is of the back without the info sheet on it that came glued to it.

hope everyone enjoys

Overall it looks like a really nice set, all box and shit, unlike mine which has two region two small cases and twon region 0(Don't ask) thicker cases.

The set looks nice and that extra does look good, if I didn't have all the sets, I would might have got this.

The arkhas asylum thing was already on volume four and is sadly disappointing for me, as they did redesign the Riddler and then kill him off. Though it was nice finding out why the picked John Glover (John Glover, that man can do no wrong :blush: )for the Riddler.

The animation history thing does sound interesting, it reminds of the comic one they did for Batman 1989 where they talked about the comics up till Batman came out and Gotham Knight which had a really interesting documnetary on Bob Kane.

Yes DCAU, even though I sent you that message of what I was going to write moments ago, I totally forgot it all.

Guest DCAUFan1051

as I stated before coming from a person whom never owned the other sets this is a nice addition to my other DCAU DVDs

The only thing that weirds me out is the new them doesn't seem to run the revamp episode theme maybe I need to rewatch volume 4

as I stated before coming from a person whom never owned the other sets this is a nice addition to my other DCAU DVDs

The only thing that weirds me out is the new them doesn't seem to run the revamp episode theme maybe I need to rewatch volume 4

What?

If your talking about the volume three episodes, only a few were different, and for volume four, they had the classic BTAS theme for that one.

Guest DCAUFan1051

What?

If your talking about the volume three episodes, only a few were different, and for volume four, they had the classic BTAS theme for that one.

I thought the Volume 4 DVDs were Gotham Knights episodes because I thought they had the new title sequence in "Old Wounds" but they have the classic title sequence

I'll have to go back and look at the Volume 3 discs

Guest DCAUFan1051
No they used the old theme. Well that's how mines are. It's still called Gotham Knights or TNBA or whatever anyone wants to call it like "Moving pictures talking to screen show"

Suave what I'm saying is that the entire series is the main B:TAS intro on the DVD's

and seeing as they didn't change the DVD's in the complete series set they are the same ones that you have.

But I remember when the revamp episodes aired it was a different theme and title sequence which isn't on the sets

like I said I could have overlooked the episodes that might have it. But all the ones I've watched so far it is the B:TAS title sequence.

It's not a gripe of mine I was just wondering why they wouldn't use it on the DVD's as it was when it first aired