All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Dawn of the Dead (2004): review forthcoming Features: 65 Shorts: 15 Documentaries: 7  Rewatches: 4
  3. Last week
  4. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods: I've seen most of the Dragon Ball movies. This might be the one that felt most like a movie and less like an extra long episode/extra short story arc of Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F: This... was good but was back to the kind of formula of feeling like an extra long episode/extra short story arc of Dragon Ball. The Phantom of the Opera: Honestly, I was drunk and wanted to watch a musical. It's okay but has some real problems. Films: 81 MST3K/Rifftrax Assisted: 2 Repeats: 3
  5. Point Blank: an action movie as generic as the title. I won't say anymore as I may be reviewing this. Superbad: watched this with my sons. It holds up. Some really funny shit in this. We Sold Our Souls for Rock N' Roll: this may as well be called The Decline of Western Civilization: The Nu-Metal Years. Penelope Spheeris apparently followed Ozzfest on tour in 1999 (the year I saw it) and made a documentary that has never seen the light of day until now. Someone dumped it on YouTube. I'm guessing her daughter who notoriously does not give a fuck. This was really fun. Spheeris captures live bands better than any director. Bald and pure. She also exposes shitty live bands for who they are: shitty live bands. Decline I was The Germs and this movie was Deftones. Lots of fun memories watching this one. Features: 64 Shorts: 15 Documentaries: 7 Rewatches: 4
  6. RSS

Episode 620

This week on Dread Media, we welcome director Timo Vuorensola to talk about the sequel to his 2012 film Iron Sky: Iron Sky: The Coming Race. We talk about the weather, weird conspiracy theories people tell, and how Tom Green and Udo Kier got along on set. Then, Desmond and Tom go underground with their review of the teen horror comedy Slaughterhouse Rulez. Songs: "In the Craters on the Moon" by The Mountain Goats, "Born Under a Hollow Moon" by Doublestone, "Tick Tick Boom" by The Hives, and "Subterranea" by Tribulation. [ 1:04:33 || 31.2 MB ]
  7. The Secret Life of Pets 2: Definitely worth the ticket price. LOVED Harrison Ford as Rooster. Fun all-around film for the family.
  8. Terminator: Sector War #1-4: Thanks to a conversation on the patron-exclusive Q&A, I decided to finally give this miniseries a read. Taking place on the same night Sarah Connor was being hunted in LA, Sector War follows an NYC police officer as she's being tracked by another Terminator. It's a very quick read and hits some of the same beats as the original film, but the action is solid and the ending sets up a potential sequel with Sarah.
  9. Final Destination 4: It's like they tried to make a movie that makes as little sense as possible. I won't go into all of the things that are wrong with it, because that has already been done. Still fun though. The Rage: Carrie 2: They did not do a good job of establishing the main protagonist as someone who has been tortured and was ready to snap, like they did in the original movie. But it's worth a watch, and it is free on YouTube Movies.
  10. Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Just finished my first round through Adventure Mode, which was a fun way to turn off my brain. As far as I can tell there’s a new game +, so I’ll probably do that too. Haven’t tried fighting online yet, should probably do that. Cadence of Hyrule: Yeah, this is Good Shit. Rhythm game plus Zelda plus rogue like elements (but what feels like way more player friendly from what I know of Crypt of the Necrodancer = fun times, for actual real. I generally use rhythm games to relax, but this was just straight up fun to do, especially as you got a hang of things and got better weapons. Did I play this through mostly as Zelda? Absolutely yes. Though I want to try this in 2P mode.
  11. Spider-Man: Far From Home: this was pretty excellent. It was cute like the first one, but the action was insane. The visual aspect of the battle with the villain was next level. I never expected to see comic book stuff like that in a Marvel movie until tonight. Beautiful. Mysterio It's only appropriate that it all happened after Tony died. The mid-credit stinger was amazing. The post-credits thing was horseshit, as it so often is. Features: 62 Shorts: 15 Documentaries: 6 Rewatches: 4
  12. Midsommar: That was a fucking ride and a goddamn half. Films Watched: 28
  13. Earlier
  14. Yeah after watching II, I can see Kirk being devastated by his son's death. They had that coming together moment at the end, and nobody likes anyone getting murdered. I loved Dan's imitation of Shatner's acting, tho.
  15. S-T

Episode 49

The password discussion was great. I can just imagine what Mike deals with. I am sure many of my fellow employees have really weak passwords, but all employees have been required to use two factor authentication for a while now in addition to special characters required. Nothing is 100% perfectly safe but that's at least something. As far as Kirk only having known his son for a few days, that would still be painful to lose someone in that situation. You finally re-connect, and you are starting to catch up after all of the years you missed, and then your son (or father, or mother, or daughter) is taken tragically.
  16. Finished up the Vice documentary series The Wrestlers. Host by Damian Abraham, the show goes around the globe exploring the non-WWE world of wrestling. I quite enjoyed this. I generally have a problem with documentaries on subjects I know. And three of the first four episodes (Indy talent, MVP & Death Match) fall into this: I gained very little new information. Yet, I understand why they went with these first for a wide audience. Easing them in with something familiar to a WWE. But when they leave the United States, this series shines. 2 in Mexico (Indy Lucha & Exóticos) & 2 in Japan (Stardom & DDT) went into topics that I knew on a surface level, but went deeper. The three best episodes (Fighting Cholitas of Bolivia, Canada's Reserves & Voodoo Witchcatch in Congo) show wrestling in ways that I had no idea existed and was fantastic. Seriously, if you only watch one episode, the Congo episode in a must.
  17. slothian

Randomness

Damn straight.
  18. RSS

Episode 619

This week on Dread Media, venture back to Desmond's teenagehood, or just see what it was like as Duane and Des review the wonderful Boys in the Trees. Then, stick around for something Desmond might have liked in his teenage years as he reviews Rondo. Songs included: "Drowning in a Daydream" by Corrosion of Conformity, "1996" by Marilyn Manson, "Blood Sisters" by Huntress, and "Alive and Screaming" by Death Angel. [ 53:02 || 25.7 MB ]
  19. Shit...been a while since I updated this. Might be missing something here. Rondo: review in this week's episode of DM Zombie Fighter: feature for the film festival. Reed Unbound: the Joel M Reed Story: documentary for the festival Iron Sky: The Coming Race: research for an interview Features: 61 Shorts: 15 Documentaries: 6 Rewatches: 4
  20. The Master

Randomness

to Granny Wilson!
  21. Batman Vs TMNT: My friends hadn't seen it and I figured I should watch it sober. Half thinking next year, I should keep track of how many movies I watch drunk. Spider-Man: Far From Home: Like a lot of Marvel films since Guardians did so well, there's a little too much comedy in the film but there are so many parts that I love regardless of that. Jake Gyllenhaal is very charming for the entire film and is very great. Films: 78 MST3K/Rifftrax Assisted: 2 Repeats: 3
  22. In The Heat Of The Night: It's been fucking ages since I've watched anything, goddamn. Anyway, this is fucking great. Films Watched: 27
  23. slothian

Randomness

I am currently staying with my (and Pandy's) grandmother, who turned 99 6 weeks ago, had a pacemaker fitted on Friday and still lives independently - I know, she's awesome. Anyway, in between the fact that she consumes all manner of Freeview evening programming from the US (CSI, NCIS, Big Bang Theory, Bones etc), she casually mentioned that she watched Star Trek contemporaneously, when she would have been mid-late 40s. After a little prying, it turns out she also would watch The Avengers, the Man from U.N.C.L.E., and The Prisoner (which she found too surreal). Whilst it shouldn't surprise me that someone alive at the time would watch populist programming, it's weird to think both Granny and Grandpa Wilson watched them. Specifically Grandpa.
  24. If I'm allowed another Patreon pick...
  25. Haha yeah, it's godawful. I watched that for the first time this time last year in the hotel during Comic-Con.
  26. Supergirl (The 124-minute version): What the actual hell was this? Two of the most powerful people on Earth fight over... a man? 🤮
  1. Load more activity