The Incredible Hulk

Missy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christina Cabot (Fight Club) has joined the cast of Marvel Studios and Universal's The Incredible Hulk, directed by Louis Leterrier and starring Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth and William Hurt.

Cabot will play an aide to General Ross (William Hurt), who pursues Norton's Bruce Banner. Filming begins this summer in Toronto.

Cabot's credits include Dancing at the Blue Iguana, The Maldonado Miracle and the upcoming Pride and Glory, as well as HBO series "Tell Me You Love Me."

The first person in this movie that I don't recognize.

Comingsoon.net has updated the synopsis for the movie:

The explosive, action-packed adventure in one of the all-time most popular superhero sagas unfolds with a cure in reach for the world's most primal force of fury: "The Incredible Hulk." We find scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote. But the warmongers who dream of abusing his powers won't leave him alone, nor will his need to be with the only woman he has ever loved, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler).

Upon returning to civilization, our brilliant doctor is ruthlessly pursued by The Abomination (Tim Roth)--a nightmarish beast of pure adrenaline and aggression whose powers match The Hulk's own. A fight of comic-book proportions ensues as Banner must call upon the hero within to rescue New York City from total destruction. And on June 13, 2008...one scientist must make an agonizing final choice--accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or the creature he could permanently become: The Incredible Hulk.

Hulk vs Abomination in New York City. Shit yeah!

Tim Blake Nelson has joined the cast of Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The movie, which Louis Leterrier is directing, sees Bruce Banner/Hulk on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a monster.

Nelson will play a scientist named Samuel Sterns. In Hulk lore, Sterns, aka "The Leader," is one of the Hulk's major antagonists, a menial worker in a chemical research plant who is bombarded with gamma radiation. He emerges from his accident not only green-skinned but also superintelligent, with an oversized brain.

Nelson joins a strong comic book movie cast that includes two-time Oscar nominee Edward Norton (Banner), Liv Tyler (Betty Ross), Tim Roth (villain Emil Blonsky/the Abomination) and William Hurt (General Ross, Betty's father).

Zak Penn wrote the latest big-screen adventure of the green goliath, which Universal Pictures is distributing domestically June 13, 2008.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
In a Mail Tribune interview with "Back to You" star Ty Burrell it is revealed that the actor will play Doc Samson in The Incredible Hulk:

He managed to get time away from the show recently for shooting on Louis Leterrier's upcoming movie "The Incredible Hulk," with Edward Norton, Liv Tyler and Tim Roth. Burrell plays Doc Samson. The picture is due for release in June.

Doc Samson was a psychiatrist who exposed himself to siphoned radiation and at first, the length of his hair determined how much power he had.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6431

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Rhythm & Hues character animator Lindsay Thompson has posted on her Blog that The Incredible Hulk may have a Super Bowl TV spot:

The big announcement is that I will be working on the new Incredible Hulk movie... I'm so excited. It's unlike anything I've ever done before and I can't wait for all the crazy things I'm going to learn while working on it. THIS IS NOT A SEQUEL. Basically we're all pretending the first one never happened. It stars Edward Norton, Tim Roth, Liv Tyler, and William Hurt. It should be awesome. I've seen the tests for Hulk and its amazing! Way cooler than it looked before. I believe the trailer will be premiered during the Super Bowl. Not sure yet, but I'll keep you updated.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6521

• 3 weeks later...
Actor Tim Roth has played a lot of bad guys in his illustrious career, but none of them might be more anticipated than his turn as Emil Blonsky aka "The Abomination" in the upcoming Marvel Studios relaunch The Incredible Hulk, and while he chose to keep any information about the part close to his vest while doing interviews for Francis Ford Coppola's Youth Without Youth, we were able to learn that he just wrapped shooting in Brazil and he was very exhausted from the experience.

"I just literally wrapped last week, and it was such fun," he said, "I'm bloody tired by the way. From being in the action stuff, I don't know how the hell they do it, people like Bruce Willis. They must have great stunt doubles. I had three of them! My god, and I was so happy when they were working!"

He was a bit more cagey when asked how involved he has been with the CG in terms of creating Blonsky's "Abominable" counterpart and whether he's been doing motion capture type stuff for it. "You'll find out. (We're doing) all kinds."

We also asked whether he had to take on a Russian accent to play Blonsky. "No," Roth responded. "Do you know why? They wouldn't pay for a dialect coach," he said with a laugh. "So now it's London."

He also said that he did the movie for his kids, who he think will dig it.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6568

• 4 weeks later...

The first images from the movie were released in a Universal press kit for their 2008 releases.

hrmoviestills1wk5.th.jpg

hrmoviestills2hb3.th.jpg

It also had the official synopsis:

THE INCREDIBLE HULK kicks off an all-new, explosive and action-packed epic of one of the most popular superheroes of all time. In this new beginning, scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) desperately hunts for a cure to the gamma radiation that poisoned his cells and unleashes the unbridled force of rage within him: The Hulk.

Living in the shadows--cut off from a life he knew and the woman he loves, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler)--Banner struggles to avoid the obsessive pursuit of his nemesis, General Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt), and the military machinery that seeks to capture him and brutally exploit his power.

As all three grapple with the secrets that led to The Hulk's creation, they are confronted with a monstrous new adversary known as The Abomination (Tim Roth), whose destructive strength exceeds even The Hulk's own. And on June 13, 2008, one scientist must make an agonizing final choice: accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or find heroism in the creature he holds inside--THE INCREDIBLE HULK.

• 1 month later...
Ain't It Cool News reports that new footage from Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk was revealed at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in Germany (Spoilers ahead!):

It was great to see the first footage of the INCREDIBLE HULK... What we saw looked like the first official trailer.

The scene opens with Edward Norton meditating. We see images of a lab, experiments, Banner escaping from the (Russian?) military (led by William Hurt and Tim Roth), running in the streets, kissing Liv Tyler, guns, shooting, more running… The 'trailer' ends with Abomination walking towards Hulk. Remember the end of Rocky III? Apollo Creed wants to hit Rocky in their friendly duel? That's exactly the way the trailer ends. Abomination wants to hit Hulk. Hulk wants to hit Abomination, but before it actually happens the trailer is over. Abomination looks like a Hulk with the Voldemort face from the first Harry Potter movie. A really mean motha. He sure is a great opponent.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35566

• 3 weeks later...
It's official, you'll be seeing The Incredible Hulk teaser trailer next week! The announcement:

The first teaser trailer for hotly anticipated summer superhero epic "The Incredible Hulk" will have its exclusive broadcast debut in a simultaneous "roadblock" on seven networks on Wednesday, March 12. This first opportunity to see material from the motion picture will be aired at approximately 9:56 p.m. EDT/6:56 p.m. PDT on MTV, MTVU, MTV2, VH1, Spike TV, Nick at Nite and CMT.

Following the on-air premiere, the trailer will be immediately posted on MTV.com for an exclusive period. The trailer will begin showing in theaters across the country on Friday, March 14, with prints of Rogue Pictures' "Doomsday."

"The Incredible Hulk" hits theaters worldwide on June 13, 2008.

About "The Incredible Hulk"

"The Incredible Hulk" kicks off an all-new, explosive and action-packed epic of one of the most popular superheroes of all time. In this new beginning, scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) desperately hunts for a cure to the gamma radiation that poisoned his cells and unleashes the unbridled force of rage within him: The Hulk.

Living in the shadows -- cut off from a life he knew and the woman he loves, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler) -- Banner struggles to avoid the obsessive pursuit of his nemesis, General Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt), and the military machinery that seeks to capture him and brutally exploit his power.

As all three grapple with the secrets that led to The Hulk's creation, they are confronted with a monstrous new adversary known as The Abomination (Tim Roth), whose destructive strength exceeds even The Hulk's own. And on June 13, 2008, one scientist must make an agonizing final choice: accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or find heroism in the creature he holds inside -- The Incredible Hulk.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6892

hulknewphoto1ey3.th.jpg

hulknewphoto2xm0.th.jpg