Nightwing v Spider-Man

Missy

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In one corner we have the original Robin, the man trained by Batman himself, one third of the acrobatic Flying Graysons -- Nightwing!

In the other corner we have the original Silver Age superhero, the self-trained fighter, the super-strong super-genius -- Spider-Man!

Place: New York City

Conditions: Normal, but rainy

Dick Grayson has tracked a web-slinging killer all the way from Blüdhaven to New York City, and though he hasn't seen the killer in action (nor does he know what he looks like) he knows he's super-powered -- he has to be considering the grizzly nature of the crimes.

Perched upon a rooftop, Nightwing ignores the rain as he takes in his surroundings. If Batman taught him one thing (and frankly Batman taught him many things), he taught him how to ignore the elements and focus on the task at hand.

Moments before Dick is about to leap away, Spider-Man gracefully swings by. Noticing the black and blue clad costumed vigilante, Spider-Man quips, "Howdy, neighbor," and lands on the rooftop -- several feet away from Nightwing.

Before Spider-Man can crack another joke, Nightwing (confident that he's found the web-slinging killer) quickly reaches for several modified Batarangs. Thanks to his Spider Sense, Spider-Man's halfway through a back flip before Dick can throw the first one. Each Batarang comes within centimeters of Spider-Man, and he's able to dodge all but one -- which clips his left bicep, drawing blood.

Being the resilient hero that he is, Peter ignores the pain, lands on his feet and squares off against his newest opponent -- and the fight is on!

Note: This is obviously not a fight to the death, as neither name kills. They will however beat the living daylights out of each other before coming together to take on the real killer -- Venom. The question is, who's the last man standing before Venom arrives?

This is a tough one for, especially when you consider how much I love each character. If you take away Peter's enhanced strength, they're pretty evenly matched when it comes to acrobatic skills. Dick has Peter beat when it comes to fighting techniques and detective skills -- having been trained by the best. On the other hand, Peter has Dick licked when it comes to outright intelligence (that's not saying he's stupid, far from it in fact).

But the fact of the matter is that Peter does have enhanced strength and the Spider Sense. Frankly, no matter how good Dick is, and he is good, Peter is going to have that edge on him.

Note: Was it just me, or was there a lot of innuendo in that? (RE: "Peter has Dick licked"; "no matter how good Dick is, and he is good")

Spider Man because I've actually heard of him.

You've never heard of Nightwing?!?! :o Awww, man! You don't know what you're missing out on. Actually, if you've seen the third Batman movie you have. They make a reference to the name when Dick is trying to pick a secret identity -- before settling on Robin.

Spider Man because I've actually heard of him.

You've never heard of Nightwing?!?! :o Awww, man! You don't know what you're missing out on. Actually, if you've seen the third Batman movie you have. They make a reference to the name when Dick is trying to pick a secret identity -- before settling on Robin.

Yeah, but since when have we given credit to anything in the 3rd or 4th Batman movies? <_<

To be fair, James, Batman Forever could've been a lot worse.....

Has to be Spiderman. I'm of the opinion that Batman would have trouble beating Spiderman and Nightwing, from all I know, is pretty inferior in comparison to Bruce.