Episode 854

RSS

The eighth of Ian Wilson's Twelve Labours of Comic Reel-lief sees a reunion between Ian and Tom Hemmings for a further Lists collaboration. The Englishmen are looking at the best and worst support villains and henchmen in the comic book movie subgenre, as well as picking 10 fictional characters each that would best suit such a movie. As part of their discussion, there's some dark humor from both hosts, as well as Tom confirming his links to Biggles, and Ian recounting an inappropriate show he participated in, which starred Adham Fisher. Also, is Ultraviolet better than The Wire? [ 3:27:50 || 100.1 MB ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRAojvpA9A0

To be honest from that description I probably only remember about half of this. I suspect Ian gone beyond the ken of rational science and cobbled together an audio Frankenstein from our incredibly fractured recording sessions and other assorted podcast leftovers and somehow created a malformed monster of a show. Ian may be a genius, but the question remains over whether he will ever use his powers for good.

Enjoy!

Edited by Stavros

Fantastic episode.

I particularly enjoyed Tom's passionate defense of the Persian Empire and the middle list as a whole.

There are two henchmen, though, that I'm surprised didn't make Ian's best henchmen list: Robert Durant from Darkman and Faora from Man of Steel. Granted, I can see him overlooking Durant, since he's a major villain in his own right and only working for/with Strack during the events of the movie, but Faora was quite a lethal and loyal henchwomen to Zod and much more of a threat than Non or Ursa ever were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRAojvpA9A0

To be honest from that description I probably only remember about half of this. I suspect Ian gone beyond the ken of rational science and cobbled together an audio Frankenstein from our incredibly fractured recording sessions and other assorted podcast leftovers and somehow created a malformed monster of a show. Ian may be a genius, but the question remains over whether he will ever use his powers for good.

Enjoy!

In short: basically I did, and no, no I won't.

Fantastic episode.

Hidden Content

Re: the hidden content, I haven't rewatched Man of Steel since I saw it in the cinema, although I will be rewatching before Bats vs Supes comes out. And we recorded this before I recorded Pulp Diction, although technically Darkman doesn't count as a Comic Book Movie.