Episode 859

RSS

The end is in sight as Ian Wilson has reached the tenth of his Twelve Labours of Comic Reel-lief. But it isn't going to be an easy ride as the PanDemon has decreed that the subject of the Labour be a review of one of the worst comic book movies ever created: The Spirit. [ 31:25 || 15.3 MB ]

Poor Ian...

I think this movie's worse than Batman and Robin. Over time it's become more and more of a footnote in time where it's damage to the Batman name has been made near-negligible. Plus it's hilarious. The Spirit's sense of humor is downright dangerous.

There should really be a "Whatever Happened to Frank Miller?" podcast special analyzing this guy...

Poor Ian...

I think this movie's worse than Batman and Robin. Over time it's become more and more of a footnote in time where it's damage to the Batman name has been made near-negligible. Plus it's hilarious. The Spirit's sense of humor is downright dangerous.

There should really be a "Whatever Happened to Frank Miller?" podcast special analyzing this guy...

I agree that The Spirit was a far worse movie than Batman & Robin. However, the stakes were much, much lower. At the end of the day, The Spirit was just a bad movie, whereas B&R was a fiasco that killed a huge franchise.

A look at the, shall we say, evolving reputation of Miller over the past thirty years would be hugely interesting.