Square Enix online store

S-T

I purchased Final Fantasy VII from the Square Enix online store back in 2012. I have a new computer and I wanted to reinstall the game. But because Square switched retailers, I cannot get a download link for the game I paid for. From a short web search, I am not the only one with this problem. Lots of people have lost access to the games they purchased.

So Square has my money, and I no longer have the game. Square "helpfully" offered to allow me to pay for the game a second time when I called technical support. I understand if I cannot get the original download link due to technical issues, but they could at least give me the equivalent credit to purchase the game on Steam.

I want to do things the right way. I don't want to pirate stuff. I want to pay for it. Square spent a lot of money, time and effort to make and then port the game and they deserve to be paid. I only wish Square Enix had the same code of honor that I do.

Because when Square treats honest, honorable customers like this, they lose the moral high ground to pirates & thieves.